Thread: Rear sway bar help

Rear sway bar help

I broke the sway bar bracket on my 75 911, and now have new Wevo brackets welded on.
    However, the spacing of the bolts on the new Wevo brackets is 66mm, and my SMART sway bar clasp brackets have 55mm spacing. I want to keep my SMART bar setup, but need to find new clasp brackets.
    My sway bar is 26mm thick, and 32mm where the bar sits in the clasp bracket. Where can I get new clasp brackets... (and bushings..mine broke..see photo)...with the correct bolt spacing to fit my sway bar?
    I was told to contact JWE-Jerry Woods, but that website doesn't seem to sell products.
    I tried the Windrush site that sells the bracket I had welded on, but they don't seem to sell the clasp bracket.. 😳😕. Help!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Maybe an actual phone call to JWE might solve the issue. Trusting to memory here, but I think there might be different bolt spacing for early and late cars. I'm sure someone can verify if this is right.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

55 mm is the correct spacing for factory bar at least until 1976- I had a set of those WEVO reinforced mounts on my 1970 911 and don't remember having any issues bolting the bar up to it.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Tarett sells two versions of their rear sway bars for exactly this reason. Different bolt spacing for SC's onward.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

I'm clear on the spacing. My original bracket fit the smart bar, but the new/stronger brackets have wider spacing....just need to find the equivalent holding- bracket.
    Yes, I left a voice-message Saturday at the JWE number on the website...fingers crossed.

Just thought someone on here might know of another source...I'd like to have a plan-B.
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Pump the brakes, everyone.

Smart Racing/JWE is still in business and going strong. Jerry is always busy and I seriously doubt anyone will pick up the phone on a Saturday.

Dave, let me know if you don't hear back today. I will PM you his number if you end up needing it. And when you talk to him (or Rich, or Nan) tell him you need the sway bar clamps for an 88 Carrera.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Thanks Marco.
    Busy day at work today, and didn't get around to following up with JWE. I will do it tomorrow.

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

I spoke to Jerry Woods. The brackets and blue bushings are coming fedex ... In time to compete this weekend.

1973 Austin Mini
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2