Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FS: @AK - Late 1965 Model Year 911

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    Sorry but I got to point out, if you are so critical of the details then why do you think this car is going across the block at Gooding?
    I haven't been all that critical of the car. I am critical of Gooding's getting a very basic fact about the 356 wrong.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

The car is back at our shop and available at what I think is a very good price (below the reserve number):

Listed starting today again at $200k.

Full details and history are on our website at www.autokennel.com

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

Beautiful car and great pictures on the AK website of the detailed restoration.

200k seems awefully fair but what do I know

Banned
    This is an amazing deal for a legit '65.

I'm confident one could purchase, enjoy, and make a couple of bucks once the market comes back.

A no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

I'm confident one could purchase, enjoy, and make a couple of bucks once the market comes back.

A no brainer.
    The market went away? C'mon Frank, you're not a "Don't" better are you?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

A no brainer.
    I agree, seems like a really good deal...

John
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    The market went away? C'mon Frank, you're not a "Don't" better are you?
    I "Don't" even know what this means? But my brain is cooked from the summer heat.

I can tell you owning and currently restoring 705 that I'm not thrilled with the current market.

FS: @Driver Source - 1965 Porsche 2.0 911 Coupe - $221.5k

Driver Source, 14750 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079
    1965 Porsche 2.0L 911 Coupe, Stk# D1669
    VIN: 302003
    Engine: 902082
    Trans: 102038 (901/0)
    Color: Ruby Red/Black Leatherette
    Mileage: 56,506 (indicated)
    Price: US$221,500 (Firm)

65 911 1.jpg

65 911 2.jpg

65 911 3.jpg

65 911 4.jpg

65 911 5.jpg

65 911 6.jpg

65 911 7.jpg

65 911 8.jpg

65 911 CoA.jpg

65 911 Kardex.jpg

Dealer Description:

- Highly Desired Early “Wood-Dash” 911
    - Sold New by Brumos Porsche in Jacksonville, FL
    - Expertly Restored to Factory New Condition
    - Numbers-Matching Engine, Transmission, & Original Color
    - Includes Porsche Kardex & Porsche Certificate of Authenticity
    - Beautifully Honest Example, Retains Many Original Parts & Components
    - Accompanied by Owner's Manual, Spare, Tool Kit & Jack

This early 302 Series 911 was produced on July 22, 1965. It was sold new by the renowned Jacksonville, Florida based Brumo's Porsche to a Mr. W.A. Stockton of West Palm Beach two months later, on September 22, 1965. The kardex states that it was originally finished in Ruby Red (6402) over Black Leatherette (B) upholstery. It was supplied with tinted glass all the way around, wheel caps with the Porsche crest, and a left-hand side mounted exterior mirror, the exact presentation it wears today. Also noted was a Webasto gas-fired heater and a set of Phoenix 165/15 tires.

302003 was discovered in the beginning of the new millennium in remarkably untouched and original condition after being tucked away in a garage and covered for a long period of time. As a result, the unique details and body were beautifully preserved. A three-year process of stripping the car down to bare metal and taking the 911 back to its previous glory started, while keeping the car as authentic as possible. All original parts that could be used were carefully restored and put back into the car, and the result is an early 911 that presents as very appropriate and period correct.

Some of the best in the industry were employed to help restore this car. Peter Sorensen with PBR Restorations was in charge of the drivetrain rebuild/restoration. Aaron Burnham in Camarillo refurbished the original Solex carburetors. Eric with PMB Performance restored the original brakes. The paint, bodywork and assembly were given to Brandon Penserini of Altissimo in Napa, California. Finally, Autos International restored the interior. Even the carpet is correctly restored with the cloth bindings (vs. vinyl) found on these early production 911s.

A list of original parts include: All corner lights, steering wheel, deco trim, Hella fog lights, metal panels (with correct vin stampings), passenger fender washer fluid bag, correct shock towers, floor and front pan, bonnet latch panel, concave button door handles, unique handles on ashtray and glove box, all window trim, 4-screw horn grills, hood crest, stainless door thresholds, unrestored sun visors, shift lever and knob (correct year bend), correct factory leather shift and hand brake boots, all glass (except correct stamped replacement windscreen), date stamped gauges, brass ignition bezel, engine cover grill with brass buttons, correct 4-button dash, factory tool kit and jack (wrenches restored), 07/65 date stamped wheels (all 5), correct cast iron distributor, alternator/fan housing, valve covers, correct Nadella half shaft axles, 80-90% of all the hardware is original and re-plated, all latches and hinges are original/correct Karmax parts, and many more date stamped items. The original Webasto heater system was removed, the caretaker decided not to install this into the car. While this example retains mostly original parts, in the few cases, none could be found; new parts were purchased directly from Porsche with the exception of the heat exchangers and exhaust, which are from Dansk.

It comes complete with owner's manual, spare tire/wheel, original tool kit, jack, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and Porsche Kardex copy.

The early 911 is considered by many enthusiasts as the purest of the company's air-cooled sports cars. With such an extensive, expertly conducted restoration, this Porsche is perfectly suited for both tours and Concours. The opportunity to find such an honestly restored 911 does not come along often. This one, therefore, should be seriously considered by the most discerning collectors and casual enthusiast alike. Now available for worldwide purchase and deliver from our Houston, Texas showroom.

“If ever an early SWB 911 checked every box, here you have it. When you see details such as original Solex carbs with a correct early air box, dated coded wheels, original glass, body number stamped panels you know you have an honest and correct example that will hold its own at any Porsche meet or concours around the world. If your pleasure is to use and drive these great cars as they were intended with all this authenticity this has to be what it felt like back in 1965”.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100