Thread: Help Adjusting Hood

Help Adjusting Hood

Need assistance. This is the first time taking off the original hood, the rally hood fits similar to the original hood...sit higher in the back.
    I've never adjusted the original hood, but the rally hood really need adjustment.
    How do you adjust the hood brackets to lower the hood to the seal?
    Sorry the photos are upside down.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Bavaria911; 05-01-2016 at 05:57 AM.

First, make sure you remove the upper hood latch if you haven't already done so, you can start by adding washers between the forward hood hinge bolts and the hood. Worst case is you get into repositioning the hood hinge mount to inner fender panel. And once you put lights on the hood the struts won't begin to hold the hood up. You'll need the factory racing hood prop.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed,
    Thanks so much, I followed the instructions and the hood fits nicely...now off to the painter.

Vr,
    Scott

It's been awhile, but I just received the hood back from the painter and plan to mount the hood and lights this weekend.
    I bought the important relay for the fuse box and grommets to protect the wire running through the hood to the relay.

My question: What gauge wire do I need and the two colors? Would brown and black be correct?
    Scott

I'm just amazed at how well your car sticks to the ceiling of your garage. Amazing grip in those tires!
    1996 993 black/tan

Thanks, I was impressed was the elmers glue too.

So what about the wire gauge size. Sorry about the photos.

Name:  IMG_0046.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  58.8 KBName:  IMG_0043.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  79.9 KBI used 14 ga. wire, inserted in polyvinyl sleeving. I also used a quick disconnect so that the hood could be removed by just unplugging the harness.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed,
    Thanks and a great idea with the quick disconnect. I was planning to switch hoods when the occasion called for it, your tip will make that an easy step.

Vr,
    Scott

rotate pictures

Hope this helps
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.