Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SWB Front/Rear Bumper "S" deco trim set

SWB Front/Rear Bumper "S" deco trim set

Complete set SWB Front/Rear Bumper "S" deco trim - rears without reflectors. All original pieces. Overall nice condition, rears nicer then front. Rears have a couple of nicks in rubber. Front end rubber pieces are rough (see pic) but overall rubber is good.

NEW NEW PRICE --> $200 OBO for set plus shipping

B4.jpg
    B2.jpg
    B1.jpg
    B3.jpg
    Last edited by TWJ; 04-26-2016 at 05:04 PM.
    '66 911 - Light Ivory | Early '66 with Solex Carbs
    '72 911T - Aubergine originally | now Bahia Red | "S" options | 2.2S P&C's

Hi, would you consider splitting the set? I need front but not rear? Thanks, Mike.

to me the rubber nor the aluminum profile do look correct for 67S+68S+68L..if original porsche parts those are from a later spare part production run

moito,

I am quite convinced that these are genuine Porsche parts but can't rule out the potential of being a later production run as you suggest. For my and others education could you please point out what you are seeing? If you could add pic's to illustrate that would also be helpful.

Please note that these are no different from others I have seen.

These are not 67-68 production, if they are made by Porsche then they are most likely a later production. On the SWB cars with this trim the rubber insert was 1 piece rather than an extrusion with a molded cap on the end.

The set for sale here will fit SWB but it's it "correct original", well not to the people on this board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for drawing attention to this, guys. Just checked my rears (68S), and the rubbers are indeed one-piece mouldings all way round, rather than extrusions with end-caps, and they have more bull-nose profile to the end of the Aluminium. The search for the correct front trim continues......
    Last edited by MikeyC; 04-05-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Could this be for a '69 front bumper?
    I know '69 is LWB.

Rich

Thanks to moito and Mark for the great details!

Anyone know when Porsche switched from the 1 piece rubber insert to the extrusion with a molded cap on the end? My '72 is the latter and I'm certain they are original pieces. I'm thinking '70. ???

Again the quality of what I'm selling here tells me that these are definitely Porsche parts but they must be a later production. Note that the front will fit either SWB or LWB (correct?) but the rears are definitely SWB without reflectors.

I have adjusted the price accordingly from $400 to $300 for the set. Please feel free to make me an offer...I need to get them out of my garage!
    Last edited by TWJ; 04-24-2016 at 04:58 PM.

69 onward has the extrusion plus end caps so front would be fine for 69-73. I believe the factory was looking for a cheaper/better alternative to the SWB version. And as the only reproducer of this item has said, casting a 1 piece front rubber insert has proven to be a burden, many are not acceptable so not all come out right. If you ordered new decos from factory or parts counter then the aftermarket version is all that was available and very acceptable until these days where absolute originality is desired. The reproductions are not as good as Porsche but that is one of the cheap repros that most every car has. I honestly can't say what the verbal difference between taskers repro and original is as they are very close. Originals usually have a few more rock chips on the underside and they fit better.