Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help Rocker arms question

help Rocker arms question

hi, we have a problem with the final tuning of my engine

i have a 2.0T engine and we did the 2.2S P&C upgrade with also 2.2-2.4 heads
    i bought E cams and now we have a problem tuning the rocker arms.......
    it looks like if the srew of the rocker arm is to short to tune it for the exhaust valve !!

i do not remember having seen something writen about a change to do to the rocker arms for this upgrade ...

any ideas ???

cheers
    steve

The rocker arms are interchangeable for 901 - 930. So that could not be the case. Assuming that the valves are correct (length) and correct "set" and the rest of the bottom end is on spec as well.

Did you check the cams (left and right), did you set the cam timing correct? Are the screws fully turnable (if you have old set screws one can be slightly bent and not fully turnable).

Please keep up posted what it was.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    The rocker arms are interchangeable for 901 - 930. So that could not be the case. Assuming that the valves are correct (length) and correct "set" and the rest of the bottom end is on spec as well.

Did you check the cams (left and right), did you set the cam timing correct? Are the screws fully turnable (if you have old set screws one can be slightly bent and not fully turnable).

Please keep up posted what it was.

Richard
    ok will check that

Told my mecanics your ideas and he sais that it seem that we have 5 mm space on the rocker for the exhaust valve ...

i have no idea hahah

steve

On all or just one?

Were your heads rebuild? Or did you run them like that before?

R

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    On all or just one?

Were your heads rebuild? Or did you run them like that before?

R
    on all , yes i bought rebuild heads .... could it be that the exhaust valves are to short ?

I guess it might be possible if it are not original valves (on Ate / TRW there are tiny digits on the valve stem that can be seen w. the valve cover off. They start w/ 30XX). Another possibility might be (and I am not sure about this) the valve seats not being correct / installed due to which the valve stem is not coming high enough. Is your valve tension / load correct?

I would wait and see what other members suggest. If still the same problem is present, take one head off and check the specs and work your way up from there.

Richard

hi friends ..... sorted out... the valve is 109mm long and the valves from porsche are 115...... here are the 5mm i was looking for
    thanks for help to all

steve

Thumbs up

I love it when the math works........

Good luck with the rest of the project....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    I love it when the math works........

Good luck with the rest of the project....
    thanks.... yes will post some new photos soon of the project