Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Due to the continuous disrespect from that forum and the non-action on the part of the administration I have decided to move away from the forums for a "short time"
    I will not go to diffuse "Brief" But my head, my mind, is very worn out, more than my lungs because of metal asbestos.
    Now, I will not fight to teach what I work, to defend this or that. Now I will touch a time of peace with oneself. Without judgments or external values ​​that tell me how my work is going.
    It will be mine, and only mine. I want to state this, so that it is clear that I do not "stop" because I have reached a pact with X or for anything else. I stop for myself, because I feel like I'm already spent
    in the forums, that the images I contribute teach little and only serve to bury myself more. That what I write many times is ridiculed, therefore, I make a point and not apart.
    The images like each and every one of my publications will stay where they are, (it would be disrespectful to erase and erase) and it is not my intention, at least, whether mine is an original S / T or not,
    You can see these photos with the welds, also a "very humble" way of working a car, which is what I wanted to show at all times. I didn't start with the car to say
    If it was an S / T or not, I started with the car because it was the place where I grew up since I was a child simulating noise and dreaming of driving it one day. That child, I can assure you that I had no idea
    than it was an s, a t, an s / T. I just liked the smell of that car and what it represented to us. Finish the studies and it is ours. And so it was, once at that point the restoration began.
    As many you will know in early911 where I usually put more specific photos, here before. Always make it clear that you were researching the model while restoring. And until recently all good, support from many
    communities, talk to Jurgen, with the museum ... Many things! But, ending with me ends up that a forum that has the porsche sponsor is able to allow such insults towards my person when
    What I do is share.
    To clarify, in that forum I have not opened a post about my car, but there they continue to disqualify etc as long as there is a history of the car which is not true, but anyway. I don't want to expand on this, I want to extend
    in expressing to you that I do this for me, rest, that many times in the morning I get upset, and instead of going to work in the porsche I had to connect in the forums to see what they had said wrong about me.
    That, for those who have suffered it, is an extremely large wear.
    Every day, tarnished in **** by the same people, without foundation.
    So, I hope, to be able to continue reading the occasional post but I also hope, not to enter so much here because they always want to write, but for my sake, I think, a while away
    of everything. It will be OK.
    Greetings and see you soon.
    PorscheHahnFellbach / Baudett

To you and with special affection for all the information provided I wish you the best, if at any time you need a photo or something of me, I am a message! Greetings to all and encourage with the restorations!

I emphasize that this problem has nothing to do with this forum.
    Regards.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 11-22-2019 at 08:04 AM.

I'm curious, what forum are you talking about?

I'm curious, what forum are you talking about?
    I was concerned as well...

After PM'ing him I learned he was talking about a local/Euro forum...
    He said only good things about us here...

As said, he's talking a breather... he'll be back

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hello!! It's been a while since I don't post here. It is not my intention to resume the activity continued in the forums but I would like to comment that right now I am investigating who was the mechanic of Mr. Wicky. I am also aware of names that were close to him, or doing work at the time in Laussanne, I have a family there (Geneva), maybe one day returning to Switzerland would not be a bad idea.
    On the other hand I leave some photos of the few advances that I have made in the car. I don't want to dwell too much on it but I think some people are interested in a short update. Recall that my levels when I started all this were 0 when it comes to metalworking or restoring a car. To this day I think that I have advanced, and that in part, I am fulfilling my dream! I have many questions that have arisen in this time and also many thoughts, I will publish them over time and update the post.
    The photos are in detail, lately, and with the new cell phones one tends to macro photography. Also attached is the job (or part of it) from the front tray.
    He had left her uncovered for quite some time, I would say a few months. Some phosphatizing acid and all file work. Until I remembered the next day that I had a dremel ... Today and it's a thought. The more you know the car, the bigger the tools become. The grinder and drill have not touched the car for over a year. Those tools were great for me and I honestly also think that working at a "slower pace" would increase "performance" and the garage and my lungs would appreciate it. I must also say that I learned to throw atomic bombs. I went from the small files to a large file that in some more embedded oxide helped me a lot. I have remembered my grandfather a lot these days ... The work at hand, it is appreciated, one can leave his mind off a little while working without worrying about the noise, the cable. I don't know if I can express myself but I leave it there, as a newspaper, as always.
    There will be two posts that I see that I cannot attach all the images in one. Salds

Name:  IMG_20200523_191840[1].jpg
Views: 307
Size:  112.7 KBName:  IMG_20200523_192132[1].jpg
Views: 294
Size:  255.5 KBName:  IMG_20200523_192148[1].jpg
Views: 294
Size:  170.8 KBName:  IMG_20200523_192311[1].jpg
Views: 298
Size:  161.5 KBName:  IMG_20200523_202047[1].jpg
Views: 289
Size:  85.6 KBName:  IMG_20200523_202123[1].jpg
Views: 288
Size:  86.0 KBName:  IMG_20200523_225828[1].jpg
Views: 283
Size:  106.9 KBName:  IMG_20200524_211221[1].jpg
Views: 286
Size:  71.7 KBName:  IMG_20200524_211534[1].jpg
Views: 287
Size:  101.1 KBName:  IMG_20200524_211554[1].jpg
Views: 285
Size:  126.2 KB

A lot of work done, and to be done indeed.
    You need to know: these crimped red and blue connectors are nothing like factory work. They are the cheapest of the cheap, done be someone who had zero sympathy for wiring or understanding of the stresses that happen in a race car.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
    A lot of work done, and to be done indeed.
    You need to know: these crimped red and blue connectors are nothing like factory work. They are the cheapest of the cheap, done be someone who had zero sympathy for wiring or understanding of the stresses that happen in a race car.
    Hello George, a very precious fact what you are saying, I thought that the light switch with those plugs were similar to those of the hood, does it mean that the wiring is also out of the factory? The switch too? I am very interested in it. Regarding the work to be done, now it will be more, I have been adding for a long time because I am reducing more and more the work by machine and I go more by hand but I think that it is me who gives him the ok. There won't be much of a problem with it! In the same way, I think that I also have a lot to learn, therefore, that there is still work ahead, it is a good thing. I think. Cheers!

Would you pull the car out and shoot pictures of the complete car in natural light, so we get an understanding of how far you have arrived?

As for the wiring: Get a factory wiring scheme, a label maker, and ID everything, including the added parts. It would give a lot of info as to when and how the modifications were done. We have done that in 2 days with my son on our '69, and we started from 2 large trash bags. It is doable and would help you quite a bit.

It is difficult for me to take photos in sunlight. I know that it is the most revealing light that exists but in my garage that light only comes in at certain hours and hits the car's ass, however I will try to take general photos of the car since I see that I am being very messy at the time of show it. I am interested in following all the wiring ... is there a post here or an image that is somewhat more explanatory? I am going to print the wiring in color but that scheme is to give you a few hours of view is quite dense and I do not know if I will know how to read it correctly. I think there is a switch or two that have fog light wiring and this is something I would like to check as you say. If by the way I check all the other cables, I will have taken another step.
    I will make a few points to remind myself how I am going:

Name:  IMG_20190403_165409.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  66.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190403_165438.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  57.2 KB
    **It is missing giving a point of tin lead in the part where the fuel filler "tube" goes

Name:  DSC_0124.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  63.0 KB
    *the front is also made in the absence of welding the missing parts ...

Name:  2capa_s1.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  58.5 KB
    *The tray is also made in the absence of buying and welding the fuel tank support

Name:  IMG_20170123_144312.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  84.3 KB
    *I have not touched this area yet

Name:  20170404_195620.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20190112_212204.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20190405_185548.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  83.6 KB
    *The other side was also made, the radiator was removed and the area was cleaned up. The oil lines have also been removed by loosening the nuts to reuse the circuit.

Name:  IMG_20191028_184329.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  79.1 KB
    *The bumper I still have in metal, the other I have not touched and presumably when I do I will do it in part to respect the red paint layers, and the previous ones

Name:  IMG_20190405_225432.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  72.9 KB
    *the hood is completely stripped above except for a few small points, it takes time like this, to prevent it from rusting, a thin layer of oil was put on it ...
    Last edited by _gonbau; 05-26-2020 at 03:05 AM.