Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    hello Baudett ... In your post on 6/21/2020. the 10th picture. the damage appears to have come from the bottom in a way that ma be the car fell off of floor jack and landed on something below it. You see the detail of 2 parallel indentations at 2 different levels of the floor. i would like to see a picture of the outside of the wheel house. looking at wheelhouse from inside does not show evidence of impact that would relate to shown damage on floor..
    Hi, thanks for the comment. As I understand. That damage is posterior? I must review some photos. Of the first of all. When I was "little" 15 16 years old I tried to get my hands on the car. And simply, I almost died crushed. Someday I will tell that story but the car back then swooped down on me pressing me against a large mountain of boxes of books stored in the loft. That day I learned many things and began to take consideration with the actions I did. If I remember correctly I put a large marble pot under the car and you can "maybe" in that place. I will verify it with the photos but this type of comments helps me a lot.
    I thought I wouldn't have hurt the car because it wasn't very up, but maybe I did? I'm going to take some photos and put them here and also, as soon as I find the old one! Thank you very much

+
    It cost me less than I thought to find these photos. I rarely access them!
    Name:  DSC_1002.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  63.5 KBName:  DSC_1000.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  57.0 KBName:  DSC_1001.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  66.3 KBName:  DSC_1008.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  54.8 KBName:  DSC_1024.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  89.2 KB

..... the books.
    Name:  Imagen 185.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  96.4 KB

and don't yell at me for this. It was many years ago and well .....

+

Reading the message in English without using the translator, I see that it comments if there is damage to the wheel drawer. I remember if ... I'm going to look for a photo
    Name:  IMG_20190110_195334.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  78.8 KBName:  IMG_20190110_194238.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  67.0 KBName:  IMG_20190110_195124.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  91.8 KB

looking at the images I think that the damage is from the accident, but those marks that you comment on, can be separate damage? Or by looking at the damage to the wheel cage, could that type of damage to the ground be valid?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-01-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Hello, if I publish the numbers of the shock absorbers and their dates, could they know if they are replacement or the originals of the car?

Dates are definitely stamped on the rear shocks, at least on my Konis. Says 2 73, and my car was built in February, so likely original. Not sure about the front. I didn't see anything obvious when I was looking on the struts. When I posted pictures of the innards in my Koni rebuild thread a few weeks ago, no one was able to tell me which (if any) of the strut inserts were original. There were two different ones on the car, which I replaced with Koni Classic inserts. Much improved ride and no more oil leaks.

Name:  EpaqynC1Q665UvCVWK%RIQ.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  71.1 KB
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    Dates are definitely stamped on the rear shocks, at least on my Konis. Says 2 73, and my car was built in February, so likely original. Not sure about the front. I didn't see anything obvious when I was looking on the struts. When I posted pictures of the innards in my Koni rebuild thread a few weeks ago, no one was able to tell me which (if any) of the strut inserts were original. There were two different ones on the car, which I replaced with Koni Classic inserts. Much improved ride and no more oil leaks.

Name:  EpaqynC1Q665UvCVWK%RIQ.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  71.1 KB
    I will stop by your post. I see that in this image you can also see the small "incriptions" that seem to be patent numbers! And my question is also about that number present in the KOni. The 2 means the number 2 of the pair of shock absorbers or does it really indicate the month of manufacture? I think, I have to check it in my car is recorded as 72/2. My car left the dealer in January. Regards
    Are Kamox the screws?

Name:  20170404_195344.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  59.9 KB

Yes, those are patent numbers. Cool, isn't it?

The new shocks I received from Koni Classics don't have them sadly. I'm sure the patents have expired, but for authenticity purposes they sh ould still stamp them. They have date codes on a sticker though. Month/Year. When your car left the dealer is immaterial. The date should be the same or a bit earlier than the date your car was built. If your car left the dealer in January 1972, it was made in 1971, so those are not original shocks. Are you sure about the January date? It would be odd to have 2/72 shocks because by the time the shocks actually needed replacing, it would have been years later. May rears are still decent and they are 47 years old! The new shocks I bought have a May 2020 date.

Yes, those are patent numbers. Cool, isn't it?

The new shocks I received from Koni Classics don't have them sadly. I'm sure the patents have expired, but for authenticity purposes they sh ould still stamp them. They have date codes on a sticker though. Month/Year. When your car left the dealer is immaterial. The date should be the same or a bit earlier than the date your car was built. If your car left the dealer in January 1972, it was made in 1971, so those are not original shocks. Are you sure about the January date? It would be odd to have 2/72 shocks because by the time the shocks actually needed replacing, it would have been years later. May rears are still decent and they are 47 years old! The new shocks I bought have a May 2020 date.
    Hello again !! I think the same as you say. On the radiator, on the hoses the date of 71 is observed. It coincides with the construction dates. In the shock absorbers I expected the same but I found the date already shown! I attach a photo of the date of the oil circuit and yes, we are sure of the date. Porsche Spain initially informed us that it was delivered on January 1, 1972. Later, Porsche France told us that the vehicle was delivered to the dealership on January 19, 1972 and finally a person told us that our car was delivered by the distributor to the customer on the 25th of that same month of January 1972!

Name:  c7.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  73.6 KB

If this date is correct, should my car have koni dated on similar dates?

It's not possible to have 2/72 dated shocks on a car that was built in 1971. What is possible is that shortly after delivery, the first owner either had a warranty claim and the shocks were replaced or maybe it had Boge shocks and the dealer upgraded them to Koni. I say dealer because it looks like they have the Porsche triangle on them, which means they were not aftermarket Koni shocks. Hard to know as it was almost half a century ago. What we can be sure of is that the shocks are not original, but were likely replaced within the first year at most (assuming that all Konis made in 2/72 would have been sold within a year).

It's not possible to have 2/72 dated shocks on a car that was built in 1971. What is possible is that shortly after delivery, the first owner either had a warranty claim and the shocks were replaced or maybe it had Boge shocks and the dealer upgraded them to Koni. I say dealer because it looks like they have the Porsche triangle on them, which means they were not aftermarket Koni shocks. Hard to know as it was almost half a century ago. What we can be sure of is that the shocks are not original, but were likely replaced within the first year at most (assuming that all Konis made in 2/72 would have been sold within a year).
    Thank you very much for your explanation ... for me it is necessary! the car suffered an accident in the 76*. is it possible that there were spares on these islands with those dates? The car was unknown for a year (72-73) we understand that in Germany. Now I will take a picture of the rear koni but I remember seeing the same dates. Is it possible that the koni did not break in that accident?

I'm also going to take some better photos. It sounds complicated but I have had another conversation with the previous owner and he told me that in the back there was no fire extinguisher. But surprisingly he says that there was a roll bar that he himself removed that ran through the arch of the doors. Has anyone appreciated in photos any possibility of that? Where else would this supposed bar rest? I have seen the bars that go with their supports at the ends welded to the chassis and I do not see that in my car. Is there any other type of cage that could be assembled in the manner described by the previous owner? Saluds

+

which holes do they correspond to? rear belts? Original belts?

Name:  IMG_20200704_201248.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  127.5 KB

Could it have to do with these holes? and I say the ones in the center (jokes aside)

Name:  DSC_0152.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  88.0 KB

+

As data in my "diary" I have seen that the Spanish "S / Ts" of 1970 were delivered in January with dates that I observe in the image are not clearly indicated. Can one be the delivery from the factory to the dealer and the other the delivery to the owner as in my case or are dates that have nothing to do?

Name:  fechasstespañoles.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  23.7 KB

+
    The rear koni are dated 71Name:  IMG_20200704_215844.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  83.8 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Baudett.... your post #481, the 8th, 9th, and 10th photo.... you are showing the cleaned area were the inner longitudals weld perpendicularly to the wheel house... that rectangular area will always be distorted due to the welding around the perimeter of the longitudal were it meets the wheel house... When you clean all the under coating in the wheel hose area you will see other similar "distortions" were the inner structure is welded to the wheel house wall.... I would like to make a suggestion... i am very impressed that you are trying to communicate with this web site. ... it shows your desire.... the suggestion is that you find a better language converter.... your converted post in English are not representative enough of your expression.... enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    Baudett.... your post #481, the 8th, 9th, and 10th photo.... you are showing the cleaned area were the inner longitudals weld perpendicularly to the wheel house... that rectangular area will always be distorted due to the welding around the perimeter of the longitudal were it meets the wheel house... When you clean all the under coating in the wheel hose area you will see other similar "distortions" were the inner structure is welded to the wheel house wall.... I would like to make a suggestion... i am very impressed that you are trying to communicate with this web site. ... it shows your desire.... the suggestion is that you find a better language converter.... your converted post in English are not representative enough of your expression.... enjoy...
    presenting rust and those non-uniform marks I think it was part of the blow. Do you say that it is a product of hand-making and welding? It seems to me an area a little dirty the area like that. On the other side, I didn't find anything similar!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  67.5 KB
    but looking at it in detail if you see a distortion at that same point although there, I did not find rust! I'll try to find something better to translate. Certainly, I am ashamed to express myself with this. Excuse me.

+

the old owner. the second in spain comments that the car had two leaks
    therefore I have the "confirmation" that the car was fully prepared since the year I entered this island. 1973 to 1975. This second owner tells me that he removes it because it is embedded in the car when it gets in. I name it as if it were a "stupid" and unimportant detail. Before things were done differently. I did not ask him where the alleged roll bar ended but the leaks tell me that they were lost in the accident. It tells me to check the exhaust now in the car to see if it has one of the welded "outlets"! But the exhaust is one of the pieces that my father changed. I have to ask him, but if I changed it, was it because it was badly damaged? ...... Salds!
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-05-2020 at 03:04 AM.