Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Where does the dealer's delivery information to the first owner come from? I understand that files you don't have porsche? Why not facilitate these two dates in the other "reports"? Thank you both for the information!
    The date data is interesting. It lasted 6 days at the dealership until they sold it? Or when I had left the factory already had a buyer?

The 19th of January 1972 was a Wednesday and the 25th was a Tuesday.
    That means there certainly was a short delay between the moment the car has left the factory and the moment it was actually delivered. And that includes a weekend.
    Hahn Sportwagen was located nearby the factory so the transport was certainly short.

The date of the delivery to the first owner is recorded in the Porsche warranty records system and is filled out in that system at the dealership as a part of the sales / delivery procedures as that is what all warranty claims are based on. It cannot be told whether the car "lasted 6 days" before sold or was already sold before it reached the dealer or even before it was completed. You have to factor in transport time, possibly customs clearance (although not in this case) , pre sale preparation etc and maybe even registration each of which could take a few days . Having the two dates (if that is what is really correct rather than an error somewhere) so close is a very short time compared to many examples I have seen.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

¿Cómo debo proceder con esta información?
    ¿Hay algún coche que haya sido entregado el 115/058/2? , esta información ha sido extraída de este mismo foro! Creo que tiene que ver con el concesionario Hahn. Debo entender que a pesar de estar cerca, Fellbach, de Stuttgart, ¿fue una entrega rápida?
    ¿Cuánto duró en promedio en 72? Lo sentimos, pero el foro no encuentra fácilmente ese nivel de información. Saludos
    +
    Quiero entender que por la lista de extras del auto, el auto cuando salió de fábrica ya tenía dueño, ya tenía nombre. Existe alguna manera de averiguarlo? Si la "garantía" estaba fechada, ¿se habrá guardado el nombre del primer propietario? mas preguntas.....pfff
    +
    ¿Alguien tiene un mapa de ubicación del distribuidor Hahn y sus "tiendas de repuestos"?
    + ¿
    El concesionario Hahn de Stuttgart también tenía el ID 115?
    +
    20/9/23
    "In the post about my vehicle, it was mentioned that the time between delivery to Hahn and the customer was short, from the 19th to the 25th. Therefore, 4 days. (in my car)In 1081, I noticed that there is also a short period of time between Hahn's invoice to Max and the dates listed in the documentation for vehicle 1081 signed by the customer.Therefore, if Hahn sold the car on the 27th (according to the invoice), by the 29th (according to the documentation), it was already in the possession of the customer, with the vehicle documentation filled out and ready to drive, which would be 2 days between delivery to the dealership and the customer."
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?52131-Ultimate-ST-thread/page92
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-20-2023 at 03:06 AM.

i cant answer most of the questions BUT I can say that the Hahn dealership in Fellbach (greater Stuttgart) was dealer #115
    its address was ringstr. 12 - 18 Fellbach Postfach 1520 which according to my google maps is no more than 10 kms from central Stuttgart
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    i cant answer most of the questions BUT I can say that the Hahn dealership in Fellbach (greater Stuttgart) was dealer #115
    its address was ringstr. 12 - 18 Fellbach Postfach 1520 which according to my google maps is no more than 10 kms from central Stuttgart
    Should I understand then, that taking a 6-day trip time is excessive? But, if I do not misunderstand, do you say that time is relatively short? Thank you for the clarification of the Hahn dealer!

It is only 4 wordays and I would consider it a short delay to transport, prepare and check the car for delivery, then fix an appointment with the customer.
    And in Europe, most cars were ordered for a specific customer, except dealers cars that could stay on display for weeks or months.

Do you have an official first registration date on the papers of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    It is only 4 wordays and I would consider it a short delay to transport, prepare and check the car for delivery, then fix an appointment with the customer.
    And in Europe, most cars were ordered for a specific customer, except dealers cars that could stay on display for weeks or months.

Do you have an official first registration date on the papers of the car?

I have the original registration date here in Spain. Day, month and year! But not from Germany. I have the KFZ Brief number but I don't know if that can help me with anything.
    1/8/73 Spain
    Last edited by _gonbau; 11-07-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Baudett
    Going back to the different dates I think that you will find that the earlier one is the day it "left" the factory but more precisely the date on which the distributor / dealer was INVOICED by the factory for the car. The second date is the day it was sold to the customer / collected by the customer so that is the day that the warranty started.
    I agree with 928cs that it is almost certain that the car would have been pre-ordered by the customer (most were and almost all were if they had any specific options) therefore the couple of days between the car being invoiced from the factory to being collected by the customer is in my opinion a very short time.
    i presume that the registration date for the car in Spain is when a second owner bought it and brought it to Spain??
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    Baudett
    Going back to the different dates I think that you will find that the earlier one is the day it "left" the factory but more precisely the date on which the distributor / dealer was INVOICED by the factory for the car. The second date is the day it was sold to the customer / collected by the customer so that is the day that the warranty started.
    I agree with 928cs that it is almost certain that the car would have been pre-ordered by the customer (most were and almost all were if they had any specific options) therefore the couple of days between the car being invoiced from the factory to being collected by the customer is in my opinion a very short time.
    i presume that the registration date for the car in Spain is when a second owner bought it and brought it to Spain??

Thanks the clarification regarding the dates! I did not know until the next day the existence of "two dates" ....
    Would the number KFZ Brief Nr serve to identify the first owner?