Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Baudett .... for sanding those irregular shapes, find a large water bottle or small dowel, depending on shape you are working on, and wrap sand paper around it

I'm surprised you recommend that I do that. I did it a few days ago when I gave him the first coat of white putty! I used a used paint bottle and the truth is, I really liked the job. I did not say it clearly because I did not want to be crucified! I am making a video, in it, you can see the whole process! To accommodate the incrustations I used the paint pot and the sandpaper, for the hood I am using a ruler and some plug that I am inventing! As always, thank you very much for this kind of advice! They help, a lot ....! Salds

+

Last edited by _gonbau; 01-17-2021 at 07:58 AM.

today I have been practicing with the gun! ...

thicker than spray. It is not something that I dislike but it takes more time to sand it. Still, I prefer to stick with my sanding material! I don't mind having to spend time sanding! I did one of the headlights directly at 320. The other I did it at 220 and 320, this method (due to the thickness of the rig) was easier for me to work! Regarding the gun ... I still have to do it!

there is still work on the hood! I have to keep giving putty patches!

Name:  pintando.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  56.4 KBName:  IMG_20210118_171936.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  56.0 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194718.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  46.8 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194737.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  96.3 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194750.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  31.9 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194810.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  17.4 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194819.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  21.0 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194827.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  23.2 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194834.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  48.0 KBName:  IMG_20210118_194841.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  46.2 KB

i dont know what product you are spraying... slow down your arm so that you leave a "wet" path.... You can reduce most products an additional 10% above the suggested mixture, This will help you achieve a "weter" path. if you are using a product made by evercoat or another product and the label says it has acetone in the ingredients t, then you can reduce by using acetone. Try 5% to begin with and see if you get better results. You realy don't want to spray on the product and then have to sand a lot of it off because it was too dry to lay down.

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    i dont know what product you are spraying... slow down your arm so that you leave a "wet" path.... You can reduce most products an additional 10% above the suggested mixture, This will help you achieve a "weter" path. if you are using a product made by evercoat or another product and the label says it has acetone in the ingredients t, then you can reduce by using acetone. Try 5% to begin with and see if you get better results. You realy don't want to spray on the product and then have to sand a lot of it off because it was too dry to lay down.
    the product is applied 5: 1 and 10/20% solvent. Apply 10. I'll try more! thnks!
    this product:https://pinturasdelcar.es/product/aparejo-hs-51-1l/ Chamaleon

i clicked on the link for the stuff you used. I could mot find any information on the internet for that product. if your automotive paint store suggested it it must be ok.... it says you can reduce it with solvent so use the solvent they suggest.... You will find that cutting the dry primmer first with 180 grit sand paper helps to correct the shape faster.... you can then smooth it with 220 grit...

umm I have taken a good look at the product! I missed yesterday with the gun and now I know why. Yesterday, no matter how much I regulated the gun, I couldn't get it to spit in "wet" ... Very little product came out and although I was able to get it to work, I didn't get the wet effect I wanted. I have looked at the product and seen an error. I have a mixing glass graduated with the percentages including the solvent .... When mixing, I followed the pattern of the measuring glass and not of the product. In the glass put 10/20% of solvent. I did not remember the dissolution of the product and automatically added the solvent reference of the beaker. 10%. The product itself says that you can add 10% 20 and up to 30% and that if you want to throw it in wet you have to dissolve it at 50%. Therefore .... I think that my pistol yesterday did not shoot as it had to shoot because the product was thicker than recommended for a "wet" hand. I realize this thanks to your comment .... I thought to discard the gun and buy another but observing this will give you another chance! I hope the error I had is understood! Salds
    +I also have to add a piece of information. I don't dislike the gun running slow. Thanks to that there is no cloud in the garage and although I had to give several passes the result was fine ... I have a video passing my hand so you can see how thick it is! When I have something more advanced, other parts of the video will upload it!

Today the car has its birthday ... one year after 50

+

As seen and said ... if I lift the paint code plate I should see a yellow ... (the original) I understand. After that. There should be one more yellow around the code plate (there are remnants of repainting on it in yellow) since the car was painted yellow after preparation ...
    So. looking at other parts of the vehicle and seeing the layers of yellow you can see that other parts have two layers of yellow. So ... Under the paint plate should be the original yellow and around the plate "Two yellows" more since from what is understood is that the car left the factory in yellow, it was prepared somewhere, it was repaints yellow. He has an accident here on the island where you can see pink putty on top of yellow and on top of the pink putty another layer of yellow more ... Knowing that the car has an accident here and the putty is put on it and one more layer of yellow, I give steps back and I try to see ... When the car was prepared as S / T and painted yellow (I think between 72/73 ...).
    There would be the original yellow layer under the code plate and then the yellow repaint.
    If the car were Factory (which is not ...) at the point of preparation S / T. We would only find a layer of yellow right? The same layer of yellow under the code plate as on the body ...
    So.
    If I lift the paint code plate I should see a yellow that does not correspond to any of the yellows shown on the pieces, correct? Therefore, according to the conclusion ... The third layer of yellow that I have been looking for all this time must be under the paint code plate ...?
    Name:  pintura.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  60.1 KBName:  IMG_20200521_113705.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  136.7 KB

+

what is the production date of the watches? I found a green stamp with a date that would correspond to before 72. But that stamp seems to me something more like a stamp that works. Not the date of production. My question is, is the production date the one inscribed on the metal casing or the green stamp?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by _gonbau; 01-20-2021 at 03:52 AM.

Name:  IMG_20210122_203106.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  66.8 KBName:  IMG_20210122_203046.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  49.7 KB

Two uses with a compressor and a gun have been enough for me to see and be clear that I need better things. Spraying "good" ... added solvent to work in wet but, I cannot work in wet if the compressor does not have enough capacity. I have the videos, I'll upload them when I can .... I've been able to work! It turned out well. Not smooth, but fine! Like I said ... I like to sand! relax although before sanding I will give another two coats of filler!
    Last edited by _gonbau; 01-23-2021 at 02:11 AM.