Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

as i mentioned elsewhere the documentation clearly shows that your car was built with a Limited slip diff or Sperrdifferential. It is shown as option 220 on all of the documents you got including the one above.
    the "handwritten" SP on an internal document that you were told about MIGHT be something like this
    Name:  bbb.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  99.3 KB

this is a part of a build sheet of another car that did have a SP fitted as new. You can see that despite it being shown in the area below as 220 with the explanation of what it is it was also shown as a handwritten SP next to the gearbox details - I presume that it to make it clear that it was fitted with a LSD or maybe it was written in to confirm that had been done. Also note that the gearbox number is not shown on that part of the document but is on a sticker in a slightly different area.

I can only surmise that the person tasked with translating that information to either the central computer system (most likely) or directly onto the documents sent to you made a mistake or was not sufficiently competent to recognize that SP meant Sperrdifferential not Sporto and did not know where to find the gearbox number on the document. Hopefully as you say the first mistake has now been corrected. Why the gearbox number was not included is another mystery - most likely also explained by "cock up not conspiracy" but i am looking forward to the explanation of why they think the engine size was 2311 not what they have in all of their publications as 2341. I expect that is as simple as a typo - writing a 1 in the diocument instead of a 4.

However it does reinforce the views about the quality of COA's etc
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

When you wanted to order an LSD with another%, how was it noted in COA as 220? But since the difference of one of 40% and another of 80% was noted, I do not know if these values ​​are correct (since I am completely unaware of this issue) On the other hand, I see that it has the option of roll cage in that document and I wonder ... Do you have more documents with the SP annotation from which you can get something in common? As soon as I have the missing answers I will be happy to post them here ... Thank you very much Huhhg and members! Surely reread the message and add more things.
    In the list of extras I do not see an option for that difference between LSD`s
    +
    The example you have shown is very appreciated!

+
    I also wonder and referring to Huhhg! In some thread I had seemed to read that "there is" a card that contains a T between the S and the Coupe? It is right? Until now I thought you were referring to the Repsol document 1151 ... but observing the detail that the T indicates Tourist ... I was wondering if I misunderstood or if there is a document with those characteristics ... salds

++++++
    about the kommi Number of my document ... They tell me that it can be filled because when building the porsche database data from different sources external to the file was used! Marketing etc ...

nothing more, well if ... that in a few days they will have corrected the file. What I would like to know ... Will there be a saved history of all this mess? of the new card ... and of the old card? or will there only be one "truth" ... the one from now?

+++++++++
    I wonder ... if in my original file the color would also come out as 6262 and not as 117. In the vehicle files for 72. How is the painting reflected? with the old "nomenclature" or like the new one and if it were like the new one ... How is it possible that, looking at my 117 file, I put 6262 in the displayed report? Another typographical error ...? If the 6262 appears on the construction sheet, should you relate the car to the year 71 ...?

++++++++++++++++++++
    we understand that SP is related to the gearbox and it is the "lsd" ... we understand without error? or could it mean something else? sorry for asking clearly.

https://porschecarshistory.com/1972-...es-911s-914-6/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    At what point is the LSD adjusted when you have asked for 80%? When the car is ready, did they do it in the factory workshop? Or was this mounted on the assembly line upon request?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-08-2021 at 04:27 AM.

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car...11/1972/730137

this c2311 that appears in this ad, is it another error?

and this....
    https://www.reezocar.com/en/occasion...281860653.html

Name:  error.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  25.9 KBName:  errror2.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  15.2 KBName:  otto.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  42.8 KB
    https://amklassiek.nl/en/porsche-914...he/2019/06/11/

Effective CV VS Fiscal CV

in the coa or similar documents ... What data is attached? Fiscal? or effective?

+
    more "2311"

https://www.mobile.de/es/Veh%C3%ADcu...308975955.html
    Whit Sperrdifferencial 80% Factory

Name:  23111111111.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  33.3 KB

I get the question about this vehicle. If it was requested with radio. Where is the antenna ... Where is the antenna hole? Was originality less respectful in that detail?
    +
    to get the construction sheet .... what level of difficulty does this present? Do I have to travel to Germany to get it? Talking to the director, I obviously NO***** asked him if he could send me a picture. From my point of view, this was implicit in the messages but, it makes me think, if there are norms in the porsche etc that force not to send "of that type of documents" ... I suppose that there will be that type of norms , although there will also "be" people and people .... But I wonder ... If I go to the archive in person, will they provide me with a copy of the file of my vehicle?

as I said a post back. I received the last response from the file where they told me that they "couldn't" help me more since they had done everything possible ... He was left without answering because he shows me the 2311 Cm and also because the gearbox number that was not provided there was in that document in the file. Maybe one day they will answer ... Depending on the win of the Porsche x) Salds.

+

+

once I have seen the whole vehicle, welding and layers of paint included ... I would like to ask. and if it can be, better clear answers !! taking into account that the vehicle entered the 73 in the islands with the preparation made. We "understand" that the preparation was made in Germany ...
    What trainers were able to carry out this work in the Germany of '72? There were many? Few? anyone in your garage?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-13-2021 at 10:41 AM.

I have a question about the M568 tinted windows. Do they match my windows? I want to check if there is any original glass left in the car but I had never stopped to think about the "tinted". Are my windows supposed to be tinted right now? Or at another time, the crystals were darker?
    +
    I would also like to know about M425. Rear windshield wiper. Until now I had thought that it was STANDARD and that it was included in M568 but I see that it is not? Do I understand that my vehicle had the rear windshield wiper added at some point? ... or am I looking at things too fast today ...?
    if this were the case ... I don't understand how this kind of thing still happens to me.

Modèle 911 S Coupé
    Pays de livraison Allemagne
    Date de livraison 19 janvier.
    Type moteur 911/53 – 2341 cm3 – 190 cv/140 kw/6500 trm– 6 cylindres
    Numéro moteur 6320900
    Type BV 915/02 – 5 vitesses
    Numéro BV 7324597
    Couleur Jaune clair – rèf. 117
    Intérieur Similicuir noir – tissu côtelé
    Options
    220 – Différentiel
    402 - Amortisseurs AV/AR Koni et étriers de freins AV « S »
    424 – Réservoir 90 L 440 – Antenne manuelle et haut-parleurs
    568 – Vitres teintées avec pare-brise AR chauffant en deux parties
    569 – Amortisseurs de pare-chocs AR
    650 – Toit coulissant électrique
    651 – Vitres électriques

tinted¿
    Name:  DSC_0108.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  68.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20201219_195513.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  82.5 KB

+

as I must understand ... the rear windshield wiper, the two recaro seats and the fog lights switch are "extras" put once after leaving the factory not noted on the original record and without knowing where it came from. It is right?
    I also have to add the roll cage mentioned by the previous owner.

Name:  IMG_20200716_221734.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  100.2 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-19-2021 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    Baudett .. I think you will have to search for pictures of 1972 Porsches with a rear wiper to properly conclude.
    Hello Bob. can it be the other way around? There is no extra rear wiper on my car so I think that between 72/73 I had no rear wiper. After '73, yes ... would it be correct to think this?
    is there a way to check if those rear wipers were dealership installed?
    +

I found this document. I attach it in relation to the document on my vehicle.
    Name:  54788d6009e558a953daefaa1ad4af47.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  47.5 KB
    http://www.soloporsche.com/xf/index....1.81945/page-2

+

I would also like to ask ... What "thing" would need such a hole for its installation?
    The hole is located next to what looks like a factory hole. The hole is made from the inside out! And on the outside (seen from the front drawer) you can see metal burrs. Any ideas?

Name:  210077262_3001930440018484_454989199658751817_n.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  111.5 KBName:  208950117_1452583231769095_5732777315919557241_n.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  93.3 KB

+

Name:  radoa.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  84.3 KBName:  IMG_20210704_144552.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  77.6 KB

+

I'm in a little fun process. I'm going to put all the pieces together on the chassis. Square the pieces and match them, screw them ... and see how they look!
    To do this before I have to integrate the supports of the front bumper in the front bumper (I don't know if you will remember that they were separated to "restore" them. I think I will repair it in the same way that I found it. With fiberglass so that the support stays well fixed to the defense (I think this is how it would be done) ... I have to go find some fiber since the previous "mix" is spoiled. As soon as I have the supports of the defense mounted I will try to see if the pieces fit their profiles ...
    As I said. Something little fun!
    -How do you think it is better to do the measurement? Do I mount the fender brackets on the vehicle and then put the fender on top to see where the brackets match?

+

Name:  2007.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  33.6 KB

I have this document from 2007. As you can see the document comes from the German porsche factory! It is a communication from porsche spain with porsche germany about my vehicle.
    As you can see, the color identification is shown as 6262. This makes me think that this information comes from the same Porsche file already shown but I have the doubt of ... If this information from 2007 is related to that shown a few weeks ago. ..Because the document in the Porsche archive does not include the gearbox number? Why was the word SP translated as sportomatic having the gearbox information next to it? Clear and easy to see? ...
    This document is originally written in Spanish.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-13-2021 at 02:18 AM.

I have a query that I don't think has many possible answers so I beg you to comment on any possible ideas. As you may know, I found some holes near the antenna hole. Today, I decided to clean up that area and discovered a putty patch.
    Name:  IMG_20210713_185944.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  89.3 KB

As I have seen other times, I assumed that there would be something there so I worked the area and discovered another small hole.
    Also a deformation "equal" to that of the other hole

Once I saw that there was something there, I wanted to remove the shape, therefore, I used a sanding guide and a block of about 30cms long to mark the area.

Name:  IMG_20210713_190136.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  83.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210713_190703.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  100.9 KBName:  IMG_20210713_190848.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  81.1 KB

So, based on these images, I ask two questions.
    That yellow that is observed coincides with yellow 117?
    What could go in those holes? Would the antenna hole have something to do with them? I have reduced the level of publications that I do due to the continuous discomfort that this generates (repetitive etc ...) but in this case ... I would like to know if there could be any clear answer about the holes that I have not been able to see. Salds!

+

I also take the opportunity to ask. Can you see in these photos when the putty patch was put in that hole? When did you paint yellow? Of white?
    +
    data to observe in this area only a layer of yellow is observed. That's where the last question comes from.
    is there an antenna on the aftermarket that matches these holes?
    +
    26/9/23
    In the accident, this part was struck; this can be understood from the deep scrape marks present on the piece, as seen in the image, and until now, I had not noticed it. We also observe damage on the pillar on the same side, indicating that a blow was received there, perhaps a partial rollover...
    Perhaps screws were used to remove the dent in that area (the two small holes). Perhaps, based on the original setup, only the antenna hole and the other hole should exist.
    You can also see what I'm saying about the damage by examining the layers of paint. On the flare of that same piece, there are two shades of yellow. If you look at these images, you only see one, which suggests that there was a repair there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by _gonbau; 09-26-2023 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    What could go in those holes? Would the antenna hole have something to do with them? I have reduced the level of publications that I do due to the continuous discomfort that this generates (repetitive etc ...) but in this case ... I would like to know if there could be any clear answer about the holes that I have not been able to see. Salds!
    Those three additional holes are not factory so, there could be many reasons why someone would drill those holes. Could be the mounting of an aftermarket rear view mirror mounted on the fender. Could be an external kill switch.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Those three additional holes are not factory so, there could be many reasons why someone would drill those holes. Could be the mounting of an aftermarket rear view mirror mounted on the fender. Could be an external kill switch.
    We think it may be for a rear-view mirror, but what rear-view mirrors were there aftermarket for those holes? Between the year 72/73. I think, if there was something in that place. I was on this island before the accident, then not until the year 75. I will call the previous owner and ask him although I doubt that he remembers anything and ... if there was something riding there in those holes. How was the vehicle's antenna mounted?
    in those holes would not fit any kill switch? Or if?

if I remember correctly. Between the small hole and the other small hole there is approx 13 cm

+

I think of the rear view mirror since the piece is sunk. As if I had to adapt to something, I must understand that a kill switch would not need to give that shape to the piece, would it?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-14-2021 at 02:14 AM.

This vehicle is the only one I have found with the switch cut located on the wing. What benefits would it have to install it in that place and not in the frame of the front glass?

With this, I do not mean that there is the switch to cut since the measures seem excessive to me ...

Name:  B9FD126D-BE2D-4806-BC5A-31EB20B40E80.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  103.7 KB

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...he-911/page154

+

same car?

Name:  IMG_1818.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  80.5 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 07-14-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Looks like that car had the kill switch mounted using the antenna hole. The factory antennas Head is threaded and clamp to the fender using a shaped wedge and nut.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586