Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    The SP is in the gearbox segment info: stands for Limited Slip Deferential

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    but what does he score if it is already included in the extra. A repair? A percentage change?

+

They never responded to the error in displacement. Would the cylinder capacity 2311 be present on my sheet? How possible would that be?
    what i mean... to what extent that offset error can be written in the build sheet? And that the error was not a typography...?
    +

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...any-in-the-70s

+

Rereading what I know about the car and its preparation and observing the layers of existing yellows, some ideas come to mind as to why the headlights only have one yellow and the parts of this two... according to Klaus' memories, he knows that Dieter made it They hixiera the headlights in strasser but do not remember the preparation type st... the layers of yellow should serve to clear that doubt? ...I have to check the images of the headlights on the hood well and make sure there is only one layer of yellow on them. that would say that the headlights were hixió in strasser... but what about the rest?

+if January 1 was a holiday. How do I deliver the vehicle to Hahn from the factory?

+
    Has anyone seen any other vehicle delivered on January 1?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 01-29-2022 at 05:55 AM.

rereading the other publications... I have reviewed the messages and documents with different Porsche centers and I have doubts about the dates. Right now we have confirmation that the vehicle is "finished" on January 1st. The next date I find is January 19, communicated by Porsche France. What date would this be?Name:  francia.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  24.4 KB
    And finally we would have the information that Jurguen gave us.Name:  jr.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  16.6 KB

which says that the car was delivered on the 25th of that same month.

Until now I had understood that one date was "factory completion" ​​and the other date was delivery to the distributor... The other date is delivery to the customer or is there an "extra date"?
    Name:  spai.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  45.9 KB

Why is the extra M569 not mentioned in this communication from 2007 if the information came from the factory?
    +
    I would also like to ask. I've been looking at old posts and for example I have one from Jan B. Where he says our front and rear flares are too wide and poorly shaped. It is not the first time that I read this about my car... In Spain they have also told me and I wonder. What is it that looks so bad about my flares?

+

I would also like to ask. According to the founding letter of the Porsche Pfrozheim club dated mid-1971, I wonder if our Porsche would coincide with the vehicle order and precisely in the year 1972. I understand that Mr. Fend in those years sold some patents that gave him some money. I believe. He founded the Porsche club and ordered the vehicle for the year 72. How long did it take to process an order for a Porsche from a German? And on the other hand… If you were the founder of a Porsche Club, did you enjoy any kind of privilege when it came to contacting the factory?

+

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...9-KFZ-Brief-Nr

" MO
    Directeur Général

Porsche France SA

De:
    Envoyé : ‎09/‎02/‎2016 14:41

Bonjour M.

Modèle 911 S Coupé
    Pays de livraison Allemagne
    Date de livraison 19 janvier.
    Type moteur 911/53 – 2341 cm3 – 190 cv/140 kw/6500 trm– 6 cylindres
    Numéro moteur 6320900
    Type BV 915/02 – 5 vitesses
    Numéro BV 7324597
    Couleur Jaune clair – rèf. 117
    Interior Similicuir noir – tissu côtelé
    Opciones
    220 – Différentiel
    402 - Amortisseurs AV/AR Koni et étriers de freins AV « S »
    424 – Réservoir 90 L ??
    440 – Antenne manuelle et haut-parleurs
    568 – Vitres teintées avec pare-brise AR chauffant en deux parties
    569 – Amortisseurs de pare-chocs AR
    650 – Toit coulissant électrique
    651 – Vitres électriques
    PORSCHE FRANCIA" ¿

Porsche France in 2016 communicates delivery date on January 19? France is supposed to be aware of the Porsche file and in the Porsche file the information contained is paint 6262 and delivery date January 1. Where does Porsche France get this information (where it cites the 569 extra before anyone else) and why does Porsche France not deliver the same information as the Factory itself or because the 569 extra was missing in the communications with Porsche Spain?

+

I know this topic has also been discussed before, but was there a 90L fuel tank? No, right? Why does Porsche France communicate that if the data is based on a "database"? How can there be data that appears and disappears in those Porsche documents? ?
    How can an extra change from 90L to 85L? How can you give a different date?

+

co-driver Klaus told me that the car had done several rallies. What rallies near Pforzheim could there have been where "amateur drivers" competed? Then there would be the Intercontinental Long Distance Rally but what events were there at that time?
    +

Regarding the dates of the front shocks which are dated in the year 72. I think.... Could Dieter change these shocks at the dealer after having to retire in the intercontinental internationale of 72? There, could the damping have been replaced and the SP inscription handcrafted? Or the inscription by hand SP when it could be done? At any time or only when the vehicle was manufactured? And in that case... I ask again. Were all vehicles with the factory M220 listed with the same handwritten "SP" notation?Name:  Amo.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  34.3 KB

I would also like to ask, is it normal that this tube is so painted yellow? Is there a post where I can compare this point in particular?
    Name:  pint.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  68.4 KB
    +

I would also like to ask, if this hole... Would it be possible for a light for the passenger?

I see this image of this vehicle that has a "light for the passenger", where were those lights connected? Would they have to go inside the front? I'm still not sure what this hole was for... If it was to get something from the cabin to the front part or if it was to put something from the front part to the cabin....
    Name:  IMG_20210703_193727.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  40.4 KB

I would also like to clarify the doubt... At no time has Porsche informed me that my vehicle came with a rear windshield wiper, right?

Name:  contiental foto.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  54.7 KBnot my car... ...
    but how many yellow Porsches ran with S/T looks and sunroofs in that event?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-12-2022 at 03:25 AM.

I have taken this image from this forum to ask the following question. The wiring of this instrumentation, where would it be located? Should I go forward? Is it located in the passenger or pilot part?
    Name:  tripmaster.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  49.1 KB
    I was told that our vehicle might have "Twinbez. Tripmaster" on it. I was completely unaware of this word and searching the forum I have seen that it is this type of instrument. Any post where they talk about how they work etc?
    balances
    +
    I would also like to translate this! In my language when translating, it talks about a support but I don't understand it. Maybe someone who understands German?

"wahrscheinlich hatte der 911 nur einen Bügel"

cage?

+

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ght=tripmaster

Um... Could more things have gone in that place? It's something I'd like to know. I get the feeling that sometimes I teach things that can have some answers that nobody says.
    Name:  IMG_20210703_193738.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  93.6 KBName:  IMG_20210703_193727.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  40.4 KB
    If so, you should have a mount. Where would the screws mount for it?
    Name:  halda-equipment-setup-alternatives.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  123.9 KBName:  halda-cable-gear-components.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  94.5 KB

+

There are still these holes for which I do not find "any explanation" reasonable. Does anyone dare to "suppose" what these two holes were for?
    I can't find the image right now but I know it's posted here. It's the one with the two holes in the hood flashing! In the part near the passenger side glass. I thought it would have to do with the Twinmaster or similar but in the image of the pieces you don't see any piece that can go in those two holes....On the other hand I want to ask. In the supposed case that the vehicle has a Roll Cage. They don't stick to the rear center holes do they? There would be something else? The cage is understood should have been attached to the "brackets where I put the belt" and the rear seat brackets? Or how would it be?
    If you ran an event like the long-distance Intercontinental, was it mandatory at that time to carry a fire extinguisher?

+

the cable clip that I show in the image above. Was it rubber? They were some holes to support the T of the Halda and from there go through until reaching the co-pilot?
    Name:  IMG_20210127_211500.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  40.7 KBName:  IMG_20210127_211534.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  65.6 KB
    I'm going down to the garage... I want to check some things.
    **The big hole and this little one don't match in direction. What would go in those little holes?

+

I would also like to ask... The previous owner said that the vehicle had two more headlights. According to what I have shown and due to ignorance I ask... Is there a switch in my car that turned on or could turn on the "missing fog lights"? The black wiring that I found in the front... It is for some headlights of this type? And if so... Is that wiring present in all cars? Or can someone tell me if my vehicle had headlights or not... For now I have confirmation that the vehicle is missing several things, the cage, the "extinguisher", the twin... So let's do a little thinking side. What did a car need to compete in the 1972 Internationale Intercontinental? Is there any element that I have not named that would be necessary to be able to do that type of long-distance rallies....?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-14-2022 at 03:28 AM.

Halda

There are two possible Halda units that could have been used, the single TripMaster or the TWINMASTER.
    These have the connection to the "speedometer drive cable" - that is the "T" connection in your above diagrams and seen in the following photo.
    That cable may have had a 13mm (or larger) sized hole thru the dash - or where the ashtray had been - but more than likely where the radio had been or where the glove box was that attaches the cable to the back of the the Halda unit.

Photos of period units and how they typically were located next to or on the dash:

There would be companion stop watches and clocks used to time the distances the trip or twinmasters were recording.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Halda in use

Not in Porsches but how they were used in other period cars:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

I would think that SP instead stands for Sulfur-Phosphorus, a standard additive component of extreme pressure gear lubricants used axles/differentials. Hope I’m correct!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    There are two possible Halda units that could have been used, the single TripMaster or the TWINMASTER.
    These have the connection to the "speedometer drive cable" - that is the "T" connection in your above diagrams and seen in the following photo.
    That cable may have had a 13mm (or larger) sized hole thru the dash - or where the ashtray had been - but more than likely where the radio had been or where the glove box was that attaches the cable to the back of the the Halda unit.

Photos of period units and how they typically were located next to or on the dash:

There would be companion stop watches and clocks used to time the distances the trip or twinmasters were recording.
    extremely nice and expensive. My father doesn't believe it. You hardly believe anything they say about the car. He doesn't believe that he had two more headlights, he doesn't believe in the bar or in the exhausts...I keep fighting his thoughts but he tells me that what I have is only words...I have nothing and in part it takes reason. I want to bring the car back to where it was in the beginning. When I get to this island!! But until they show me or tell me what he lost in the accident. Little can I do that if, I have a pocket watch of my grandfather that in case my budget is short... I will have a good place the images you show are appreciated. As I investigate the twin a bit, things will come to my mind, I suppose, but I have to understand that for a long-distance rally, as you say, would I have watches and the twin and lighting? Maybe in the lighter?
    the hole I have... I have to measure it since it seems to me to be done in a rather crude way!! but I think that it can be for that

Is there a photo post of the "radio hole"? My radio is not the original of the car... I think. What could have happened to that radio? It broke?
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-15-2022 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    I would think that SP instead stands for Sulfur-Phosphorus, a standard additive component of extreme pressure gear lubricants used axles/differentials. Hope I’m correct!
    I hadn't heard that in my life. I don't know about gearboxes either so it's not surprising but thanks for giving another point of view! I would like to open a debate about it if it's not 100% clear

+

fend-graph norma
    +
    Supposedly... I managed to "track" Dieter to Belgium. Supposedly... I don't know anything yet, although I asked a person "in the vicinity" if he knew such a person from pforzheim. He said yes but he didn't have his number. I believe it? Because you won't believe it... I can say... For many reasons. Anyway. I'm at this point! Looking for Miss Liliane to see if she can tell me anything. Since Dieter....((*is not among us)) although I suppose there is little to tell...I would not like to leave that "end" loose.
    Name:  DDbelgica.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  9.2 KB

+++++++
    28/3/22
    Name:  kurt1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  107.1 KBName:  kurt2.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  107.8 KB

https://issuu.com/casello.com/docs/penna110

+

https://www.fountainpen.it/images/a/...US-2136290.pdf

Kurt Fend
    +
    oysters... I've noticed that I've lost some pieces, I have to take vitamins to see where I put the things ((((
    Last edited by _gonbau; 04-01-2022 at 02:32 AM.

It is believed according to those who help me from pforzheim
    that Dieter had the lighthouses made in Strasser. And then the ST type preparation was done by another owner... Another owner I understand Spanish... that's what they think for now. Bernd Hahn thinks that our vehicle is a 911S since if it had been an "ST" it would have been known in the area....
    bernd Hahn was the owner of the Hahn dealerships? He is a member of the porsche pforzheim club... taking into account that Dieter was president I must understand that he knew Bernd. So... being a person with money and being someone relevant in the Porsche club, he buys a 911 S to which he puts "the headlights"... And then, Dieter arrives in Spain and registers it as S/T. He sells it and someone here puts flares on it. That according to what is thought there ... For me, something strange. I would also like to share this article by Jurguen Barth. Is it true that he relied on 911T shells to make the S/T? As I understood they were supported by 911S... so I don't understand
    +
    Bernard Hahn! It has no relationship with Hahn dealers.
    so all this conjecture is just that...conjecture.

______
    "Part 5 - the homologation » With the Porsche 911 there was a big step forward with the new homologation 3025 - 911 S now equipped with a 2.2 liter engine that delivers 180 hp in the series version. The advanced engine of the 2.0 liter engine with its mechanical Bosch injection was really the Optimate what was available for the sports car at that time, homologated as a Group 3 car of homologation 3025 at the FIA ​​​​on April 1, 1970. The 911 S 2.2 was also optimized by the sports department, and there was a 911 ST version that could be bought directly from Porsche or through Porsche dealers. WHAT WAS BEHIND THE DESIGNATION 911 ST? Quite simply - since the 911 T Coupé was more simply equipped than the 911 5 and also had less insulation, the 911 S technology was simply installed in the 911 T Coupé. In addition, many parts have already been left out in the series, such as the rear bumper horns or the rubber strips on the front and rear bumpers. And with that, the 911 ST weighed just 960 kilograms. There were a total of 16 works cars of this 911 ST model in 1970 and 1971, most of which were used in the World Rally Championship. Back then, Porsche won the title of World Rally Champion in GT vehicles with drivers like Larrousse, Waldegaard, Toivonen, Andersson and Zasada. In addition to these versions, the following parts were also homologated for use in Group 4: Various spacer rings Various tanks up to 110 liters • Plastic fenders with widening Light alloy doors Front and rear plastic bumpers • Side and rear windows made of plexiglass • A dual ignition for the engine • Rocker arm without adjusting screw • A simplified dashboard • Stone guards front and rear and an additional oil pump for the transmission So and now comes the problem: what many historic 911 drivers often don't understand is that with the homologation addendum 3/1E from November 1971 many of these lightweight components were deleted. So here it is important to find out in the homologation sheet what is still homologated when using homologation 3025. What makes everything a bit more complicated is the following: For the Tour de France 1970, a very special car was made from these 16 Works car also rebuilt. As with the 911 R, you could also start with prototypes in the Tour de France. Gérard Larrousse had to compete against two Matra 650 sports cars in the Tour de France. So his 911 ST was so extensively modified by us I we had a bet with Gérard Larrousse that we would get a bottle of champagne for every kilogram under a kilogram l that we made it to ten bottles 911, which weighed only 790 kilograms and an engine, which was bored out to 2,395 ccm and had a whopping 260 hp, drove well, I don't think I need to tell you. Jass he with And here we are again on the topic of what was allowed and not allowed in the group at that time."
    --------------------------------------------
    and this
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-02-25 at 1.25.41 PM.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  49.3 KBName:  3a.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  29.5 KB

the model has been taken from thingverse and modified... !

+

umm... M425 is not named in my build file. Can someone try to see in the photos if the installation looks original? If we add this "extra" that did not exist in the order form and also look at the front shock absorbers (parts from month two of '72)... (with dealer logo) It is possible to think that Dieter added these things in one step After the manufacture of the vehicle in a dealership? Where does the SP annotation come from? Or is the SP annotation from the moment the vehicle is manufactured? If the annotation is later...I would support this theory. But. The flares?

+

I would also like to ask about the omission on the sheet of my car of the "letters" or "numbers" that go in front of the kommit!... To make the document that was sent to me... Who added the kommit to the document? If I found my construction sheet (which I have asked the director of the archive several times and they do not give me access or face-to-face...)...I must understand that there would be some letters or numbers before the number...?
    I have to review the messages but I must understand that the director went to review my document or sent someone to review it. In it, they saw SP's handwritten notation from what I understand. The director, or someone...had physical or digital access to the construction document. If we observe what is omitted (the letters or the number before the kommit)... What else have they omitted to tell me that are present in the original construction document? On the other hand, to say that I never got the corrected document from Porsche. From what I currently have from Porsche Originals... They are the S/T certificates from Porsche Spain and this document from the German factory where it says that it is sportomatic and various errors and even data omissions... So...
    My perspective on the Porsche archive...It's changing!
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...missionsnummer

+

Name:  dibu.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  67.0 KB
    +

in reference to this Sheet of the document of 40 years of the club porsche Pfozheim.
    Name:  242475153_10215564412223745_3490498885622811091_n.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  104.8 KB
    I enclose what they send me... I think it is the announcement of the subsequent sale of Schrock's vehicle
    Name:  sc.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  41.3 KB
    +
    Why would you ask the factory for a vehicle with a sunroof and electric windows but without a rear windshield wiper.... To put it on later?

+

0 car waxed – stock Germany sold
    1 car unwaxed – stock Germany sold

2 car waxed – pickup
    3 car unwaxed – pickup

4 car waxed export shipping
    5 car unwaxed – delivered to importer ex factory
    6 car unwaxed -tourist delivery outside factory
    7 car waxed -tourist delivery outside factory
    8 car not waxed – air freight
    9 reserved

what is my versandart?
    0 ? 1? 2? or 3?
    ummm or?
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...nsnummer/page3

the versandart is only present in the build sheet? Since they don't give me the possibility to see that document...And they don't give me the complete information of the kommitnumber, I ask...In what places is the versandart presented?
    Name:  IMG_20220206_190732.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  57.5 KB
    +
    Hi Glad. Could you expand the explanation of why it is believed that SP refers to the limited slip?
    Name:  kommm.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  39.9 KB
    and you?
    Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Thnks...

+

https://pbase.com/9146gt/9146gt_rall...llation_sample

+

the buildsheet only consists of one sheet?
    +
    I asked this directly to the archive... I would not like to leave loose ends and be told in a while that there was "more data"... I asked if there were more sheets weeks ago. He did not respond and although I appreciate the other answers and the attention... I think I have raised some doubts in which the file could help very directly.
    Name:  pregunt.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  18.5 KB
    +

Name:  13920192_1249167425102262_48351563091187675_o.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  96.5 KBAttachment 571041
    Zasa's car Detail of the "T" of the "Halda/twinmaster"
    +
    "by a miracle of the Lord"... today I am here, and the car and my house are still here. Miraculously...Fire, as we know...is higly destructive.............................but all good. A little scare.Nothing to do with the garage!

+

550-1
    Name:  res6.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  24.6 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 03-29-2022 at 02:07 AM.