Thread: Any Forum Discount for Hagerty Insurance?

Any Forum Discount for Hagerty Insurance?

Quick question - I'm in the process of moving to Hagerty to insure my 1968 911L (the other guys simply would not agree with my requested coverage level for my "agreed value" policy!). Is there any forum (or even PCA) discount that I can apply to Hagerty's quote?

Thanks for the help!
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

Two of my cars are covered under Hagerty and I'm both a PCA and an EarlySRegistry member and I have not received a discount from Hagerty.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Nope, sorry, no discount through this club...

And as far as I know Leland West is one of the underwriters for the PCA, so I'm think'n no Hagerty discount through them either...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

fyi... Hagerty Ins was acquired by Nationwide Ins about a year or so ago... been a long term customer with Nationwide Ins, no issues when filing claims... rates seem reasonable for my P cars and F cars, they moved my coverage to Hagerty after acquisition, got better coverage at lower rate for increased value, no issues with setting higher valuations...

Quote Originally Posted by fromage View Post
    fyi... Hagerty Ins was acquired by Nationwide Ins about a year or so ago...
    I'm pretty sure Hagerty is still privately owned. They are doing a marketing deal with Nationwide.

https://www.nationwide.com/about-us/033114-hagerty.jsp

McKeel Hagerty: Well, my first car that I bought when I was 13 was a '67 911 S. Paid 500 dollars for it. Restored it in the garage kind of thing. I still have that. It's been since re-restored by real people who knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Nope, sorry, no discount through this club...

And as far as I know Leland West is one of the underwriters for the PCA, so I'm think'n no Hagerty discount through them either...
    Thanks Chuck, I appreciate the info. I'm going with Hagerty as they definitley understand the value of this car (numbers-matching, all original, recently-completed mechanical rebuild, and in my family for 45 years!), and they didn't even flinch at the coverage level that I asked for. The other guys wouldn't even consider raising the coverage amount and just kept asking for new pictures to consider raising the coverage amount (which was still about only 60% of what the car is valued at!). They didn't even recognize the increased valuations of the SWB's over the last 5 years and would not raise the coverage in line with the valuation increases.

Rant over, and looking forward to Hagerty's coverage
    Early 911S Reg #3096
    "Chester" - 1968 911 L, Fully Restored, Numbers Matching, Tangerine Orange on the original 5 1/2 x 15 Fuchs wheels
    "The Beast" - 2010 911 4S Cab, Triple Black, 6 Speed MT, SSK, PSE with Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell Cats
    "The Truck" - 2019 Cayenne Turbo, Jet Black, Sport Chrono, PSE, Rear Axle Steering & PSCB Brakes (for haulin' stuff... fast)
    ”Blue” - 2023 911 Turbo S Cab, Gentian Blue over Deviated Black Leather with PSE & PCCB’s

I went over to Hagerty 3 years ago for my 2 P cars because my old carrier that I had for 14-15 years refused to increase our agreed value policies. Im still about 20% lower than what I think my cars are actually worth, but Hagerty was easy to work with. I'm very happy with Hagerty and would recommend them.

Proof is in the pudding... Hagerty took VERY good care of my car with no hassle when I needed them to. And when the old original paint proved too hard to match properly, they repainted the entire car on their dime. Can't ask for more. The only caveat is their garage rule, I might move one car out of them under StateFarm so it can sleep outside.
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

What are the other options for a 92 964? I have been with Hagerty for 8 years but the recent increase took them into AAA territory and I am looking to shop around.