Thread: Engine #903781 (early 1966)

Engine #903781 (early 1966)

IMG_4275.jpgEngine is nearly complete and mostly original. Missing the tin, but includes the original fan shroud. The carbs are Italian Webers (40IDA-3c). Turns over easily by hand. All cylinders show equal leakdown...depending on how I set my equipment, its either 7-8 psi or 15-16 psi. Either way, it was reportedly running when pulled from a very nice sandrail. I've never run the engine myself, but supposedly it had been rebuilt with early S cams and maybe 2.2L P/Cs. The owner said it sounded great, but lacked the torque he wanted. He pulled it to go turbo something or other. Anyway, aside from the headers and non-original carbs, it looks outwardly original to my untrained eyes. If I owned an early series car with the original engine, I'd clean this one up a bit and stick it in. Not having run it, I can't honestly guarantee anything other than it turns over by hand easily and the leakdown numbers are reasonable for a used, but usable engine.

Of course, inspections are welcome/encouraged. I'll load this on a palate and deliver it to the shipper of your choice (assuming you don't want to pick it up in person). Feel free to contact me for more info and pictures.

$20K firm plus shipping

Ron Rowberry
    Last edited by 72targa; 05-03-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Price per author

Time to bring this back to the top.

New price $17K plus shipping. I can supply more photos to interested buyers. Feel free to inspect the engine if you are local.

Why risk your numbers matching engine?