Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sport seat weight

Sport seat weight

Does anyone know what 72-3 sport seats weigh vs standard seats?
    Thanks, al

I can't answer the question directly, but in lifting in/out the sport seats in my 73-S vs. the standard seats in my 70-S, I would say the difference is negligible if any at all....both seem dreadfully heavy when doing the in/out gymnastics.

I'm not sure there is enough difference in weight to matter.

Richard Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    I'm not sure there is enough difference in weight to matter.

Richard Newton
    I beg to differ! Sport seats are way heavier than "normal" seats. I hefted dozens of both.

Regards

Jim

My recaro bucket is only 19lbs sans sliders.

~J~
    air cooled only

Banned
    First, I always wonder what triggers a question like this? As Hillary said "What difference does it make!?"

Second, no one has clarified whether you mean the seat or seat and frame combo. Seats are similar in weight but throw in the 30+ lb frame and that changes things dramatically.

If there's money to be made somewhere in this question I will be happy to weigh them.

Heavy enough to make me womder if I was crazy to buy a pair in the 80s from a junk yard for $125 because I had to carry them out.

A boxed sport seat is about 65lbs.

e

Thank you! thats the answer I was looking for. I am listing mine and wanted to know to estimate shipping and since I will go with standard I wondered if there was a weight difference

From memory the seat is 10 kg and the tilting frame is a further 10 kg.

HTH

Alan