Thread: Restoration of "mid-dash" trim strip

Restoration of "mid-dash" trim strip

Hi Guys, ...I apologize for the highly-detailed question, but I am re-storing an interior on a 72 Targa and correctness is important to me. For any of you with an early 911 (particularly 72-73) dash please check for this question:

Re: the horizontal (2-3/4” wide) upholstered strip that runs across your glove box door to the left, over to your temperature heater/defroster slider, etc: is EACH SECTION of trim covered using a single piece of vinyl or leather? In other words, are there any vertical seams visible?

I am particularly looking for any vertical seam between the radio dials (assuming your car has one) and the defroster slider in that (longest) section of trim. (You should see four separate sections of trim, total, each bordered top and bottom with a narrow chrome/aluminum trim strip.) If your dash has such a seam, please describe location (or, a photo would be great!).

THANKS ALL.
    wdesbrow@zoominternet.net
    412 860-5700

member #1515
    If you have a radio, there is no way to do it without a seam. The radio plate is a separate piece. You could do it without a seam if you eliminated the radio.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs