Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I flashed my lights today!

I flashed my lights today!

I FLASHED MY LIGHTS TODAY!

I remember 25 years ago when I used to drive my 1970 911 around Southern Arizona it was quite common to see an on-coming Porsche in the other lane and flash your lights as a recognition. It seemed like a nice thing to do, a tip of the hat to a fellow Porsche driver. So today I saw some type of newer Porsche coming at me, who can really tell the difference between a Cayman or a new 911 ?, and I flashed my lights. Nothing back... Later in the day here comes a Cayenne, once again I flash my lights, not sure this driver was even looking at the road ahead so the end result was nothing. Today 0 for 2 .

So I will keep flashing, Porsche drivers in the Jupiter, FL area will just have to deal with the old man in the Blue Targa.

Do you flash, do you get flashed back???

If a picture is worth a thousand words, I thought you might like the one below of Sarah, instead of the old man in his Blue Targa.

Rodger@orbitracing.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Flash at a Cayenne driver?

He/she would probably think you're envious of them because they're driving an uber cool urban assault vehicle and you're piloting a beat down old 9 whatever-it's-called.

When I had my orange 2002 I would flash at newer BMW drivers. The usual reaction was eeeuw what is that horrible old car and what do they want with us?

My wife and I had a good time today on a PCA tour with 99% new car people. People were nice, their cars don't interest me but appear to drive well.
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

See my avatar...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

member #1515
    That used to be a regular occurrence, the newer water cooled guys have no idea what you are doing.
    does Sarah flash her lights?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Over my way if you flash your lights these days usually means cops or speed camera up ahead. 20 or so years ago around here everybody used to give a wave regardless of what you were driving.
    S Registry#2021

No other real Porsche's to flash at in my neck of the woods

ancient history - few will have any idea and most will be annoyed and in LA probably worse - A Porsche in the USA back in 1969 was a rare and exotic thing so when you see each other its like 'hey you too' - today in a lot of markets a dime a dozen - I mean who cares about a Cayenne or Panamera IMO
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Just got back from Stuart, FL just down the road from Jupiter, wish I could have seen the blue targa!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harriman View Post
    No other real Porsche's to flash at in my neck of the woods
    Real=Long hoods.