Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: '69 Irish Green 911E sunroof

Banned

FS: '69 Irish Green 911E sunroof

Need to focus on other projects so I'm hesitantly thinning the herd.

1969 911E, Irish Green/black, sunroof, 5 speed, MFI, all matching numbers, Fuchs. Torsion bar front end.
    Major resto project that's currently in the rust repair stage. Much of the heavy lifting completed in terms of metal work. All mechanicals original and still need complete rebuild.

Chassis is currently in Madison, WI. Metal work being done by Bach Racecraft. (Top notch craftsmanship for those who don't know Jim.) The rest of the car is in a big pile at my shop in Scottsdale. Engine/trans is intact and no disassembly started yet. Eng/trans restoration available.

Please PM or email for pics.

New price:
    $62k OBO

Thanks.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-22-2016 at 08:39 AM.

I checked and you can get a $500 gift certificate to Az airtime for $375.
    Would'nt that be more preferable than selling this car ?

Banned
    I'm serious! I don't want this car anymore! Don't have much longer to live... 30-35 years max and my interests are WAY too divided right now.

But, NO ONE is going to pressure you around here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxCDEhc0h4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 06-09-2016 at 03:30 AM.

'Used Cars' . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post

. . . love that movie

Now THAT'S how to sell a car!

You dance, Frank?

Last edited by 72targa; 05-19-2016 at 04:43 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Lol

Ferris Beuller is great but Used Cars is Fantastic! Filmed in our own Mesa, AZ where high school football players sometimes show too much on photo day!

This man doesn't lie.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 06-09-2016 at 03:30 AM.

Damn
    It could have been twofer Tuesday

Banned
    Here's some pics.

Car sat outside but covered for 20+ years. Have no idea when color was changed to yellow but the crayon number under dash pad looks like it was done last week; perfect. Mother Nature put the beat down on the bottom of this car but everything else is nice. Engine tin isn't rusted at all. Engine turns over but will obviously need full rebuild.

Metal work is 60%(?) done.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 06-09-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Banned
    I cannot begin to express how much I want to be rid of this project. It's an important part of my mental rehab right now.

I would love to hear some criticism and opinion as to why this car hasn't sold yet.
    Bad ad?
    Bad car?
    Bad seller?
    Wrong color?
    The hole in the roof is actually a knock and not a plus?
    No one is buying projects now?

If it's simply a matter of money I can fix that.

It pains me to see you in such anguish.
    It just so happens I have a empty spot in the corral.
    Can't give you money but i could give you daily positive affirmations and bring you back to your once glorious self.

Frank - I'm guessing the limited audience and 'no sale' status so far might stem from the transportation challenge it and its many parts and components presents to anyone not somewhat local to you, and then price - meaning it simply must not be attractive enough (and I don't know what that number is) when measured against what is left to do if one only has a 'checkbook' and no skills to do it them self. It deserves another chance to be put on the road and I wish you the best with the sale.