Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 912 slice and dice

Banned

912 slice and dice

I firmly believe that Porsche built the 912 knowing that someday we would need them as a life support system for 911's. With that I will ask my question.

I'm needing donor sheet metal for 65/66 911's and the only candidate I currently have is a very rust-free 65 912 race car shell (at least what they considered a "race car" 30 years ago.) VIN is 3505xx, Bali Blue.

If someone has a crash-free, rust-free 65 chassis to trade + cash I will gladly remove this particular car from death row.

To those who say this is a travesty; save your breath. I have waited patiently for 40 years to see 912 values come up. They still cost far more to restore than they're worth.

Death row it is. It will serve your purpose and make 912's even more valuable. Some day you will say "Can you believe I cut up a 912?"

Banned
    Perhaps Randy but if it allows me to get a couple of fairly significant 911's back in play it's a sacrifice I'll make. I have a hunch I won't live long enough to have too many 912 regrets.

I absolutely agree. Cut It Up

Hello Frank-
    http://www.912vin.com/

Sure would like the complete vin# before it becomes crusher material

Cheers,
    Tom Michelsen
    Pismo Beach, Calif.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I firmly believe that Porsche built the 912 knowing that someday we would need them as a life support system for 911's. With that I will ask my question.

I'm needing donor sheet metal for 65/66 911's and the only candidate I currently have is a very rust-free 65 912 race car shell (at least what they considered a "race car" 30 years ago.) VIN is 3505xx, Bali Blue.

If someone has a crash-free, rust-free 65 chassis to trade + cash I will gladly remove this particular car from death row.

To those who say this is a travesty; save your breath. I have waited patiently for 40 years to see 912 values come up. They still cost far more to restore than they're worth.
    1969 912 tangerine coupe 82K original miles
    1974 911 red targa 71K original miles

Tom Michelsen
    Central Coast Heaven

Shell Beach, California

Banned
    Tom,
    This is an honest question; I'm not trying to be a wise guy.
    What would be the reason to know the number before I cut it up?

Thanks

BTW: Here's the perfect picture of the "912 crowd". A few years ago I offered the owner of a very nice '69 Targa the original engine case for his car for the princely sum of $4k if memory serves me.

He passed!
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 05-25-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Hello Frank-

I help maintain the above referenced (912vin.com) database to document the existence of all remaining 912's

(even if they will be parted out). Only hoping to document your 912 vin to put in the database.

Cheers,
    Tom Michelsen

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Tom,
    This is an honest question; I'm not trying to be a wise guy.
    What would be the reason to know the number before I cut it up?

Thanks

BTW: Here's the perfect picture of the "912 crowd". A few years ago I offered the owner of a very nice '69 Targa the original engine case for his car for the princely sum of $4k if memory serves me.

He passed!
    1969 912 tangerine coupe 82K original miles
    1974 911 red targa 71K original miles

Tom Michelsen
    Central Coast Heaven

Shell Beach, California

1967 SWT 912 Driver just sold for 56K on bring a trailer FYI they are following suit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Michelsen View Post
    Hello Frank-

I help maintain the above referenced (912vin.com) database to document the existence of all remaining 912's

(even if they will be parted out). Only hoping to document your 912 vin to put in the database.

Cheers,
    Tom Michelsen
    You are to be commended. A labor of love I'm sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    1967 SWT 912 Driver just sold for 56K on bring a trailer FYI they are following suit
    not good enough