Thread: Bosch CDI

Bosch CDI

I have an early 1966 911. I plan on installing a Bosch CDI but not sure where to put the CDI unit. Considered relocating the electric fuel pump to free up space on the equipment board but wanted to ask for suggestions first. Thank you for your comments.

First of all get a CDI (rebuilt from an original or new) www.partsklassik.com
    Easy to mount on the firewall as these are not prone to overheating.
    Leave your coil and all other electrics where they are.

Simple.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I mount them on the cross member between the shocks. Out of sight when air cleaner is on.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    I mount them on the cross member between the shocks. Out of sight when air cleaner is on.
    The best "Seal Of Approval" you can get.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Bosch CD mount

There are two existing holes in the crossmember, I weld in 8mm nuts (or you could use a riv-nut) bolt an aluminum plate to the nuts, then bolt the C.D. box to the plate using cushion mounts for vibration and to allow cooling space. I put the wires in poly-vinyl sleeve and route with the existing harness.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.