Thread: FS: 2001 Boxster Base

FS: 2001 Boxster Base

**SOLD**

Silver 2001 Boxster Base
    152,000mi
    Original engine
    Original transmission
    911 Wheels

Purchased the car with 148,000mi in January of 2015 to have some fun with it. It was a Craigslist car that turned out to be a pretty decent ride despite the mileage. In my care it received the following (in no particular order):

New A5 top with plastic window
    New Bilstein shocks (with new shock mounts, bearing plates, etc.)
    New rear track arms (NO RATTLES!!)
    New water pump
    Major service (plugs, belt, all filters, oil change, brake flush, coolant flush)
    Factory short shifter
    New tires
    New motor mount
    Secondary air injection pump
    New key head (coded all functions)
    New passenger door lock assembly
    New leather seats
    New brakes (front and rear pads and rotors)
    New axle boots and fresh CV grease
    New trunk lid shocks
    Like-new, crystal clear, OEM headlights with new front refelctors (car not equipped with headlight squirters)
    Two good, used primary catalytic converters
    New tail light boards
    New LR wheel bearing
    Driver and passenger mirror glass (exterior)
    New Lloyd's floor mats

The car has proven to be a fantastic commuter and highway companion. Everything works (wipers, seat heaters, HVAC, lights, roof, etc.) and the 2.7L engine is still running strong at 150,000+ miles. The car is still running the original IMS bearing and no material has been found in the filter during the 4 oil changes it's received in my care. There is no reason to believe that the IMS is in danger of failing and I have 100% faith in the car's continued good service. I spoke with a fellow shop owner yesterday and he said his 2.7L Boxster went 250,000+ miles on its original IMS bearing and the motor looked NEW when he took it apart out of sheer curiosity.

In addition to the above replacement parts I also disassembled and cleaned the HVAC control unit, repaired the drink holders, installed a Porsche Classic navigation radio (first edition), repaired the driver's door pocket, replaced the ash tray, and installed factory BOSE speakers in the dash and doors.

The car has some minor cosmetic issues (scuffs, dings, chips, etc) which is to be expected from a 15 year old car with this type of mileage. But it starts every time and runs like a champ. It's currently registered and gets used every week for a day or two. I will provide a current smog certificate if purchased by a CA resident.

Asking price is **SOLD**.

Photos to follow later today.

Price is negotiable and a quick, easy sale is preferred. I'm happy to answer any and all questions about the car. Feel free to email me at TLG_Porsche@yahoo.com or PM me through the board.
    Last edited by Mr9146; 06-02-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I am also willing to sell the car with a zero mile, freshly rebuilt 2.9L engine for $14,000. Turn key. Ready to roll.

Motor comes with one year/10,000mi warranty.
    -Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Email sent. How much HP in that engine?
    Enough to make you smile.
    -Marco