Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help identify these rear turn indicators

Help identify these rear turn indicators

Could someone help me identify what I have? They look aftermarket to me but I'm not sure. Thank you very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Not aftermarket,,,,they don't have the proper color code wires in them. You got the real thing.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you Ed. Is there a way to tell what years they are for? I appreciate your comments.

I can't think of any difference from 69 to the 964.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Aren't the 84+ housings white inside? They are on my 86, my 87 and my 89 turbo.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Late housings (how late I do not know, 80's?) have a small vent hole in the large middle part of the housing. Can't see it in the third picture because it is turned upside down and that hole is on the bottom half. Later one have different material of shielding on the two separate wires for fog light. No plastic but some sort of impregnated cloth.

Cees

At least at one time the white housings only were on ROW cars. Maybe that changed at some point. There was also a reflector difference for the ROW units.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    At least at one time the white housings only were on ROW cars. Maybe that changed at some point. There was also a reflector difference for the ROW units.
    Actually, the housings changed with the 74 and up cars. The difference is shown in the pictures. The 69 thru 73 cars had the drain hole in the middle of the housing. The later car have the drain hole closer to the back. Does it make any difference? Not to me..............................

Regards

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Pretty sure there is a corresponding hole in the body for the drain tube thingy.
    That was a tell for late fender repairs.
    H