Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tall 911R Intake Manifolds

Tall 911R Intake Manifolds

It has taken 2 years longer then I had hoped but we have finally completed all of the pattern equipment to make tall 911R Replica manifolds.

We have cast a pair of samples in Aluminium LM25 for a trial but plan to cast a few sets in AZ91 Magnesium.

We have made 2 sets of core boxes - 46/38 mm diameters and 40/36 mm to suit 40IDA carbs.

We plan to produce an initial batch of 5 pairs in the next 3-4 weeks.

Chris those look very nice I must say , even as an owner of an original set I would be interested in a replica pair as well.
    If I might ask what would be the cost of these wether alum or mag ? Thanks for the considerable effort, Bert

Quote Originally Posted by budge96 View Post
    Chris those look very nice I must say , even as an owner of an original set I would be interested in a replica pair as well.
    If I might ask what would be the cost of these wether alum or mag ? Thanks for the considerable effort, Bert
    Ditto for me!
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Sorry it has taken a while to finalise the manifolds - my machinist is excellent but moves at about the same speed as a Glacier.

I have tried other shops who are faster but the quality of workmanship is never quite as good - but now we have the final pricing.

The Aluminium versions (LM25TF) will be $650.00 a pair - they will be painted in a matt black Epoxy Paint which is even resistant to Skydrol.

The Magnesium version (AZ91) will be $850.00 a pair - they will be black chromate finished.

Shipping at cost.

They will be supplied with Stainless Steel Studs and Rod for the throttle quadrant.

Other Throttle linkage hardware can be supplied at extra cost and clearly the 46IDA carbs are not included

They do bolt up correctly to an engine.

Can you briefly layout the performance differences between a lower and higher profile manifold on any 2.0L spec engine? Also, would "rain hats" or modified airbox be required for fitment?
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

I don't believe that the 911R was fitted with Air Filters but with a simple water shield which was also available from the 'Sporting Purposes' parts catalogue.

The PMO style 'Rain Hat' filter arrangement will fit as PMO also make a 'tall' manifold of similar length but not with the same 'Replica' appearance.

I am not sure if a stock filter housing will fit but I will try one out in the near future.

We have made these Intake manifolds for 2 reasons.

The first is for use with a new EFI system we are developing and rather then simply buy a manifold making our own part was a better solution.

The second was that as we were investing in pattern equipment having a Replica 911R part seemed a good plan.

In theoretical terms longer intake runners are said to produce improved low end torque but we haven't done any testing.

Congrats Chris thanks for the update and the great news, Bert

Quote Originally Posted by chris_seven View Post
    Sorry it has taken a while to finalise the manifolds - my machinist is excellent but moves at about the same speed as a Glacier.

I have tried other shops who are faster but the quality of workmanship is never quite as good - but now we have the final

The Aluminium versions (LM25TF) will be $650.00 a pair - they will be painted in a matt black Epoxy Paint which is even resistant to Skydrol.

The Magnesium version (AZ91) will be $850.00 a pair - they will be black chromate finished.

Shipping at cost.

They will be supplied with Stainless Steel Studs and Rod for the throttle quadrant.

Other Throttle linkage hardware can be supplied at extra cost and clearly the 46IDA carbs are not included

They do bolt up correctly to an engine.

Very nice, I am building a car that could use these. Can't find originals so I was thinking of grinding a set of tall PMOs but that result still would not be optimal. Someone made an alloy replica many years ago but they have not been available for years.

Chris,

So how do we order?
    Sumner
    Registry Member #970

1970 914-6
    Adriatic Blue

1972 911T (vice)
    Gemini Metallic

1967 911S (vice)
    Slate Grey

Send me a PM and I will let you know which castings we have on order.