Thread: Need help with a transmission repair gone bad

Need help with a transmission repair gone bad

I am sorry this is not for a Porsche but I still would like some help with what to do.

It is for my '01 Eurovan. Had a local shop rebuild the transmission and for the past 6 months they can't get a code 01192 Torque converter malfunction to clear.

I don't think it is from lack of trying, I think they just don't do enough of these and therefore don't know how to.

My question is does anyone think I can get my money back from them so I can take it somewhere else to get it repaired. I got about $3K tied up in this.

Thanks, Dean

You have varying recourse depending on what state or country you live in. I assume you have already asked them for some money back and they said no? AN attorney will eat up that 3K like no ones business

Try to get a refund. But honestly 3k for a VW/Audi automatic rebuild is pretty cheap... not to sound mean but it sounds like you got what you paid for. A new toque converter and valve body should have been part of the rebuild to do it correct.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

I appreciate everyone's feed back.
    Yes it included a valve body and torque converter, I was told.

Whether or not $3K is cheap or not bottom line to me is they said they could repair it and they have not been able to.

Knowing what I know now, I don't mind spending more, just don't want to eat the $3K

I talked to my credit card company today and they feel if I get a new quote from someone I fell can repair it, I can file a dispute for the original charge and get the money back through them.

Leaning this way and going to German Transaxle in Bend, OR. Problem with that is I live in San Diego, CA.

Working out some more details and we let you know how the saga goes.

Dean

New update.
    I is now at German Transaxle in Bend, OR.

I tow it there myself.

I would not suggest that to anyone, it is a long way from San Diego.

Will keep you posted.

Dean