Thread: pedal box rebuild

pedal box rebuild

I am rebuilding the pedal box in my 73 911E. I am surprised to see that the clutch spring and brake spring work in opposite directions; the brake spring is a return spring bringing the pedal back to resting position, but the clutch is an "assist" spring working to depress the pedal not return it. I have looked at the factory diagrams and this seems to be the norm. Any comments on why it is designed this way are welcome.

thanks, Mark

I think that this spring is commonly described as a helper but is relatively light and mostly helps to take out any slack in the linkages whilst not being strong enough to affect the clutch operation.

The Omega Spring fitted to the operating arm on later cars is a real 'helper' and the pedal box still uses a light spring to take out slack.

Thanks Chris.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Message Board Disclaimer and Terms of Use
This is a public forum. Messages posted here can be viewed by the public. The Early 911S Registry is not responsible for messages posted in its online forums, and any message will express the views of the author and not the Early 911S Registry. Use of online forums shall constitute the agreement of the user not to post anything of religious or political content, false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise to violate the law and the further agreement of the user to be solely responsible for and hold the Early 911S Registry harmless in the event of any claim based on their message. Any viewer who finds a message objectionable should contact us immediately by email. The Early 911S Registry has the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.