Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Blaupunkt radio clips (2 sets)

FS: Blaupunkt radio clips (2 sets)

2 sets of clips used for the Blaupunkt Frankfurt.

$105 each set shipped in the US.

Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DLewis; 06-30-2016 at 07:53 AM. Reason: more pictures

I will take a set
    PM sent
    Thanks
    Al

Why are they different? One seems deeper than the other or is that just the track the side of the radio sits against?
    Member #2666

Quote Originally Posted by Irish911 View Post
    Why are they different? One seems deeper than the other or is that just the track the side of the radio sits against?
    I'm curious about this too. A friend was fitting a radio to a 73 T a week ago using some new old stock clips he'd just bought and depth of his clips seemed wrong. The result was radio didn't sit right position relative to dash faceplate and or the spindles did not protrude right amount. He previously had a Blaupunkt in that same dash albeit it was not very secure without using side clips. Using clips now made unit more secure but unfortunately they seemed to be the factor causing the poor alignment.

Would be interesting if there are in fact different depths of these clips. I have a number of nos pairs like these put away in deep storage but never thought to check if any are actually different depths.

Steve

Yes there is more than 1 depth size but as long as both clips are the same it should not matter. Radio will sit a little deeper in the opening.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

If that proves to be a fact it may be useful to my friend becase his issue is that the unit is not sitting at the right depth relative to dash so he may need to swap his clips for the different depth ones to correct it. Offhand I think his unit is now sitting too deep but I may be remembering that incorrectly

Would be useful of the OP could measure and post the two different depths while the two pair are side by side snd to hand.

Wasn't the radio face plate of later 911 74> dash slightly dished and inset into dash if compared to the 72/3 totally flush face plate? Also the radios from blaupunkt changed style around 1974. image.jpeg

Not my photo so not entirely sure what car application photo is depicting but using it just to illustrate the point -- maybe this is the reason for this clip depth difference. Dish in plastic plate is evident and radio is set behind it rather than sticking through as with the earlier chrome small surround.

Has to be a logical reason for similar clips having different depths after all? Maybe somone has a photo of a 74 > dash with the arrangement I'm describing

Radio units need to sit at right depth for dials, buttons and surround to sit correctly and look correct for early dash ...maybe a small detail but having seen this wrong fit in his car it does matter if there is a different dimension, in my opinion.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 06-27-2016 at 03:42 PM.

added side by side pictures

#1 is sold pending payment

Dean

#2 is still available

Update.
    #2 is sold and #1 is still available.
    Dean

I will take a set, Ravi 425 241 8620
    Ravi