Thread: QQ re. Heater controls lighting

QQ re. Heater controls lighting

Hi,

I drove my 71E late at night yesterday, and I realized that I couldn't see the heater/vent controls located on the dashboard in the dark.
    Should those have some back lights allowing easy manipulation in low/no light conditions?
    If so, any hint on how to change any defective bulbs would be appreciated...

Thanks,
    Olivier

Shift Knob Maker
    No, there are only bulbs on either end. Nothing to light up the levers. Best is to reach up and switch on the interior light over the door to help you see. Once you get comfortable with the controls, you should be able to do it by feel.

Mark..

Thanks for your reply Mark.
    What do you mean by 'there are only bulbs on either end'? Are the indicators on the side of the control box supposed to be lightened up?

Thanks,
    Olivier

member #1515
    Yes the blue fan square for all models, and the red only if you have auxiliary gas heater.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Shift Knob Maker
    The tubes on either end are bulb holders.

Mark..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i know this is an old thread but just want to check. I only have one bulb holder for my dash unit and as i dont have a gas heater, i m assuming that is correct?

Yes. And blue square lights with fresh air fan turned on. No other lights.