Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opportunity to pick up some Fuchs...should I pull the trigger?

Opportunity to pick up some Fuchs...should I pull the trigger?

Name:  Fuchs2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  42.3 KBHelp please! I have the opportunity to pick up 4 Fuchs in very good overall condition, although the paint is nearly gone. No scrapes or gouges. One is dated 1968, one is a 1969, and two are 1970. The current owner is saying that they are all 5.5", but I am seeing some conflicting information about the availability of 5.5"s in '69 and '70. They have four brand new Vredestein Sportracs on them. Is $1000 too much to pay? Any opinions would be appreciated...thanks!Name:  Fuchs.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  40.9 KB
    Last edited by gmundguy; 07-05-2016 at 08:12 AM.

As long as they are all real Fuchs I don't see how you can get hurt on these. Make sure you check the back side for the date stamps and all of the German numbers. If you don't want them I do.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks for your help, Randy! If the deal falls through, I'll let you know!

Newbie question to follow along on the OP thread - are there specific date ranges that are especially desirable or simply matching and matching for your car's build date?

member #1515
    Just one more level of complication. To have wheels that were built a couple of months before your build date.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Tdskip- One "fact" that I kept seeing in searches in the past was that '68 had some one year only peculiarity...

5 1/2" fuchs were for 1968 MY cars but they continued to make replacements. $1000 is a screaming deal.
    Craig Williams
    Eugene,OR

Member #1070

1972 911E Targa Puck

UPDATE: Found out they are 14"...still a fair price???

14s considerably less desirable, but considering "new" tire seems to be a reasonable deal if you want 14s

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Is that $ 1,000 per wheel or $ 1,000 for all four? $ 1,000 per wheel doesn't seem like a really great price for wheels needing refinishing but if you get a set of four so you can stop looking it seems like an ok deal.

$ 1,000 for four sounds like a deal from those Nigerian Porsche Parts Stockpiles we hear so much about. If you've actually touched the wheels... wow!

By the way, there are two sets of four 4½ x 15 Fuchs for sale at The Samba. A rough set for $7.5k and a better looking set (painted like later Fuchs) for best offer over $10k.
    Last edited by NeunElf; 07-05-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet