Thread: In the 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF JAMES HUNT’S 1976 F1 CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY

In the 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF JAMES HUNT’S 1976 F1 CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY

Life is too short to not enjoy what you do for a living ...

Hesketh did F1 in style.... A few photo reminders of the halcyon days ....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The boss' car...

image.jpg

... A bit more serious minded team ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Enjoy

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-07-2016 at 06:00 AM.

member #1515
    Probably the last hard partying, drinking, smoking World Champion.
    Or maybe Lewis and Kimi on occasion!
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Probably the last hard partying, drinking, smoking World Champion.
    Or maybe Lewis and Kimi on occasion!
    Hi David,

Really he was just a shy retiring budgie keeper from here in the SW London suburbs ....

image.gif

Who poodled about SW19 near Wimbledon Common often shoeless riding his old fashioned bicycle or driving his old A35 van...

image.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

He may have had an odd drink, cigarette and let his hair down occasionally, granted

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

As budgie fanciers go he was quite sociable I hear ...
    image.jpeg
    Being an elite athelete and world champion his regular keep fit workouts seemed to involve a lot of sessions with female personal trainers, by all accounts
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-07-2016 at 09:46 AM.

cool pics, thanks!

member #1515
    I actually had the pleasure of hanging out with him for a few days when he was the guest Marshal for an Atlantic race in Mex City. He shared some of the same "tastes" with the race promotor, who was a good friend of mine. A good time was had by all!
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Cool.............

if you have not seen the Texaco adverts with Morecombe and Wise. Very funny. Well worth a watch. An old mate used to supply his 450 SEL 6.9's. He would phone him up saying he had just blown another one up. Did not care about the colour. My memory fades me as he either hated velour or leather. Whichever was the key point when replacing the 6.9. I had one a few years back. Great car.
    early S registry # 2596

Reputedly James Hunt did like the 'birds' but surprised by '88 he was regarded as a beginner breeder given his reputation! Among Hunt's trophies at Silverstone Classic ...image.jpg

Hunt's name plus other winner names on the British GP Trophy, snapped at the Royal Automobile Club in St James London during a club motoring committee evening image.jpg.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 01-31-2017 at 02:44 PM.

vintage decal
    Attached Images Attached Images