Thread: HELP!! I Need Dimensions for Placement of Flloor Board Anchors

HELP!! I Need Dimensions for Placement of Flloor Board Anchors

Does anyone have factory reference dimensions for floor board anchors? I replaced the floor pan and, of course, the new pans do not come with floor board anchors, so I need to correctly place the new anchors. (I didn't even think about the anchors until I began re-assembling the dash and installing the pedal cluster.)

I have searched every page in my parts manual to no avail. If there is a web-resource with that sort of information, please educate me.

All help is appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

You should have the metal hoops (carpet straps)up on the fire wall that hold the upper part of the pedal board. That will get you in the neighborhood of where to place the lower mount
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

hmmm ... i'll certainly try that, tony. good suggestion, as always.

(i'd still like to have a genuine factory reference, if one is available.)

If you still have that reference point you are in good shape Do you not have your original floor board? That will have a mark or stain for the placement of the lower clamp?

You have not stated what year? The earlier they are the more they float as they were hand built.

trdking is correct that i didn't state my year...

i have a very early '68 SWT.

the floor pan was largely cheese and I don't have a reference point from the old floor.

it would really be cool if someone had a good reference document with the correct dimensions for the floor board anchors.

Take your original floor board and hook it on the clips on the fire wall above the pedals. Let it fall until it touches the floor. Put the bottom three sided washer in the slot on the pedal board and somehow mark the location where the stud would come through for the nut to screw on. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

thanks, raspy2point2! you made the same suggestion as another member, and I got the passenger side floorboard yesterday.

I had taken measurements off of a friend's 68 912 in town, and marked the spot defined by the measurements, as shown in the photos. When I placed the floorboard under the clips, as suggested, everything seemed to fit nicely.

I am in the same process on the driver side floorboard, now that I have transferred the hardware.

Thanks to everyone. Your help is always appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images