Thread: SWB Coupe Interior Rear Quarter Window Trim

PRICE REDUCED!!! SWB Coupe Interior Rear Quarter Window Trim

PRICE REDUCED!! NOW $130, plus.

According to PET, I have a pair of SWB quarter window trim pieces. (Part #s 901 543 921 25 and 901 543 922 25.) These are the early ones with studs, rather than screws.

They are in used condition. Not rusted, but I, personally, have never seen any of these (except NOS), that I didn't believe would require re-plating. You should decide for yourself.

As the photos show, one is missing 2 studs, but both are in relatively good shape. At first, I thought the stuff underneath was binder of some sort, but as you can see, the PO appeared to use plumbing putty to seal the trim pieces. I have scraped most of that out to be sure it was not rusted or damaged.

I can't find any other ads for comparable values, so I am asking $130 for the pair, plus postage and paypal fees. If my price is too high, please educate me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mshaver51; 07-19-2016 at 07:44 AM.

I think the bottom side has tape from the factory equal to the tape used between fenders and body. I found similar tape on the same part from my car.

It looks like the Passenger Side is the one missing the studs? That is the side I need. How are the studs attached, do you know?

please forgive me, but these parts were actually part of a targa basket-case package (they came with my car). i'm not very familiar with coupe parts, so i don't want to pretend that i know for sure the correct sides for each of these pieces.

one of the sides has all of the studs. as the ad states and the photos show, the other side has 2 studs missing.

i'm sorry but i don't know how the studs are attached and i would hate to mislead someone. it seems appropriate to reiterate that i believe these will require re-plating (which may help with the issue of replacing the 2 studs, but maybe not).

(on a different note, thanks for the idea that these might be fastened by tape similar to the stuff used for fenders. that would make a lot more sense than plumbers' putty.)

bump to the top

bump for price reduction to $130 plus shipping, etc.

bump it up