Thread: Broken Fuel line inside MFI filter housing

Broken Fuel line inside MFI filter housing

Hello, anybody know the material of the fuel line in the picture? brass? copper? Mine broke and I would like to weld it back. I'm lucky it didn't fell inside the throttle body and inside the cylinder. Thanks Mar
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Seems like you are missing a lot of the tube. The tube should be long enough to squirt fuel into all three cylinders on each side. I will post a pic later.
    Bob B
    Last edited by SIMI BOB; 07-14-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply. I'll post a clearer picture. Except for the broken piece, all the tubing are there.

It's brass. Re-attaching it will be difficult. I'd source it out. Being in LA should provide you with a veritable plethora of fabricators!
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Is the piece you are showing the part that broke off. If so, it should be crimped closed at the end, and no 90 degree bend? There should also be a small hole for the gas to squirt out.
    I think I would get some .003" or .004" brass shim stock, cut a strip about 3/4" long and bend it around a small dia. piece of wire to form a small tube that will slip inside both tubes and join them together. Then solder the ends together, making sure that there are no leaks where gas can escape. Make sure you clean the tubes very good and use some good flux.
    Bob B

Bob B

X1 for solder, sweat it on like copper pipe if you can find tube to go over it. try a hobby shop.

Bob, Not sure why there's a 90 deg bend at the end of the tube. Tubing seems to be factory original and it does have a small hole for the fuell to squirt. tube is crimped shut a few mm from the tip.

I made a sleeve/coupling out of this brass tube from OSH. ID is a bit small so I bored it out to 5mm.

Thanks guys for the soldering tip. I know you can solder copper but I didn't realize you can solder brass as well.