Thread: Looking for pair of front vent windows for a Coupe

Looking for pair of front vent windows for a Coupe

Anyone have a spare pair of decent, but don't have to be perfect, shape vent windows?
    Last edited by Tdskip; 07-15-2016 at 08:20 AM.

What year?

Ideally '68, need to double check but think I can be a bit flexible. Full disclosure - the are targeted towards my '74.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdskip View Post
    Ideally '68, need to double check but think I can be a bit flexible. Full disclosure - the are targeted towards my '74.
    You need more than just the vent wings, then.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the note back. I believe, but am not 100% confident, that you can swap these in for the fixed ones on midyear cars. A number of Pelican guys have documented it, but very open for education here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdskip View Post
    Thanks for the note back. I believe, but am not 100% confident, that you can swap these in for the fixed ones on midyear cars. A number of Pelican guys have documented it, but very open for education here.

Thanks!
    Please have the geniuses on Pelican that claim you can "swap" vent wings on "mid year" cars to explain the process. That is a bunch of crap!
    Yes, you can do it if you drill holes in your "mid year" frame to accept the upper vent wing pivot and change the complete division bar and lower support for the vent wing. In other words, you need to gut a pair of 68 frames and use every part other than the outer window frame. Next, try and find someone that is going to split up a pair of 68 frames for the parts you need. Don't bother asking me to do it. The reality is that you need 2 68 window/vent frames complete.

Regards

Jim

The first 2 pictures are of a 68 frame and vent. The last picture is of a "mid year" frame. Notice any difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent info Jim, thanks for putting me straight on this.