Thread: FS: SWB speedometer from hell

FS: SWB speedometer from hell

Part number 901 741 102 11
    Mfg date 6.66 service stamp 6.66
    Recently restored by Palo Alto Speedometer. 0 miles
    All set to go. Plug and play. Beautiful part.
    $595 +shipping +Paypal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jsottile; 07-23-2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: New price

Really? One star? So now we have a price Nazi and troll.

Capitalism is the purest form of Democracy, we all get to vote everyday with our wallets. If you don’t understand a price you should just move along. If a price is too high or demand low, a balance will occur.

Mike C, when’s the last time you had a complete restoration done on a speedometer? New bezel, new glass, new seal, restored trip cable, new mounting brackets, new thumb nuts, period Phillip’s bulbs and bulb sockets, cleaned inside and out and tested by one of the most respected company’s in the US. Add to that a good core plus shipping both ways to Palo Alto and the cost of money…….and what to you get??? $695. I have receipts to prove it. Apology accepted.

Let’s keep it classy……

Your Thread deserves 5 stars, IMHO. You get my vote for the most clever, catchy Title in quite some time. Nicely done!

Regards

Jim

Why didn't they re-plate the housing? When I had my 5 '65 Gauges Restored by Palo Alto, they plated all 5 housings. Just curious. I had mine restored 15 years ago...

Hi Jim, Thanks for the positive thoughts.

Danwinger, 15yrs ago housing plating may have been standard with a restore. Today, everything is an add, all work is a la carte. Plating, silk screening the face, all are extra. I suppose if you need concours perfect, this speedo would need a little more TLC.

Jay

Bump for new price.