Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIB/NOS part values for 1971 911

NIB/NOS part values for 1971 911

Hello:
    Haven't posted here in a while since selling my 71E Targa a couple of years ago. We had the car from new till 2014 and I found some old parts while cleaning out the basement. I have new in bag driver's armrest; new in plastic L/R front turn signal lenses with silver trim; nearly new pristine ashtray (car had dealer installed a/c and the ashtray was removed immediately after purchase); new in box driver's Durant mirror; new in bag Targa replacement vinyl; new license plate frames with Porsche across bottom and shields in bottom corners; new in box inner tubes for XAS/XWX tires; new in box spark plugs; new air tubing; new in bag Porsche Ski Boot Bags-not sure why we have these as nobody skied! All parts were bought at University Porsche in Seattle before 1979 as car napped from 1979 until 2014. Looking for values so I can post on board or sell at John Walkers Swap Meet in Seattle. Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike, cannot really help with values, but would be interested in the turn signal lenses, Durant mirror and possibly the license plate frames, if they are University Porsche as that is where my 71 Targa was ordered and delivered from. Good Luck with the stuff

Banned
    Mike,
    You're asking the wolves to offer their opinion as to how sturdy the fence is protecting the chickens. Also keep in mind that the wolves who typically answer these questions are vegetarians.

In light of that I've sent you a PM.

a nos armrest went for +700€ recently on ebay
    also the lenses are quite sought after items

Name:  3588dc1b2b72593f202427ab529ef890.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  12.2 KB
    Subscribing
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Hello,
    Thanks for the responses. First, I only dable in selling parts and typically only buy what I need. The car that these parts were purchased for can be seen at cvluxurycars.com under the "previous inventory" tab 1971 911E Targa. I have had some questions as to whether these parts are genuine Porsche. The following are in unopened Porsche plastic bags/ boxes: 1 safetybelt 90180301105; 1 driver's armrest 90155504125; 1 front turn signal lens 90163190304, a second unused front turn signal lens is wrapped in tissue but not in a sealed bag; 6 Bosch spark plugs W265P21 in box. The following are in the original boxes/bags have never been installed but have been opened: Vredestein and Semperit inner tubes; Driver's door mirror 90173111101; Targa top vinyl 90156503540; I have the original ashtray from the car that is not in a bag or box. When I removed the dealer installed a/c in 2014, I couldn't find this ashtray and bought one off the board. The license frames are the same as those in the pictures of the car only new. I am not big fan of ebay and I am not a parts flipper. If a part could sell on eBay for $100 by a flipper who paid me $50 but an enthusiast wants to put it on his project and can afford $80, I would rather sell it to the enthusiast. I am not against those who flip I would just to prefer to sell to the end user and keep more $$ myself. As I mentioned before, the parts were purchased before 1979 when the car went dormant for 35 years (you can see the 1979 car tab in the photos attesting to the last year it was driven on the street before 2014). The parts are in as good a condition as the car was and is. I would love to get these to the next owner and make a few bucks. Thoughts on values would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Banned
    I would think the lenses would have to be worth at least $100 each.

Thanks for all the input. The parts have found new homes with enthusiasts.

Guess I got blown off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrsully View Post
    Guess I got blown off
    +1

The secret society, handshakes, and black magic involved in these covert online auctions escapes me. But being a country bumpkin from AZ, most things do.