Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche numeric option code for all leather interior in 1973

Porsche numeric option code for all leather interior in 1973

HI All, Does anybody know the option code for all leather interior in 73? I checked in Bruce Anderson's book but could not find it. Thanks in advance Douglas K

Hi Douglas,

Does anything on this old document help? I had it to hand. According to the original red ink hand stamping on first page, it is the VW of America Inc. P+A Englewood Cliffs General Manager's personal copy of the full Porsche options and price list dated May 21 1973.

Publication has multiple pages, each P+A "product" is listed along with a pricing breakdown for: all MY 1973 Porsche Carmodels; all available colours; and all the options available in the USA region.

This part-page extract pictured may in some way be relevant to your question about all leather interior option:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  71.1 KB

Possibly quite a rare document, it was obviously at one time very confidential / internal to the P+A business because gives the suggested pricing breakdown port of entry for the P+A "products" ....not the more commonly available consumer option/ price literature available to customers through the local USA dealerships.

Not sure how many copies of this presumably once sensitive old document existed originally ....let alone have survived 43 years? Hope it helps.

I do also have the more commonly seen glossy retail publication with option code/ retail prices that may contain what you need for your 73 MY question....but I would need to dig it out as not readily to hand. Maybe somone online on the same time zone as yourself can post that information quicker than me getting to it tomorrow a.m. GMT.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-26-2016 at 07:51 PM.

I had a 73S with factory leather sport seats and the COA for the interior read "Beige Leather 86" if that helps.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Joe/ Douglas,

Presumably the "code number" on the list I photographed each code (76,77, 86 etc) taken together with the "for model number" (such as 9113 9114 ) signifies something like a different colour and or finish of leather and vehicle application? Beige - 86 for 73S, apparently. Not immediately obvious from description since all use the same description phrase. Also they all appear on list with the same prices but somehow they were different "products" in USA region each requiring a different entry on his port of entry suggested price printout from P+A perspective, despite them being described similarly "all leather interior" in this internal document.

My model year 73 car does not have all leather interior and was a British market EG/C16 so the P+A list does not apply to my example despite me having document in my files.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 07-26-2016 at 07:50 PM.

member #1515
    My 70S was all leather and the cost was similar, around 500dls. Door panels, rear hat tray, seats and backs, rear seats, rear trim, were all leather. Cant remember if the dash was leather, don't think so.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Hi Steve Thanks for posting your document, a rare one that! I guess the key to unlocking this mystery is to try and figure out which code number in left hand margin corresponds to black leather. As for the model numbers 9113, 9114, ect. I took that to indicate the different model years, but since your document is dated May 73 it seems unlikely to be the case. The price of $550 is correct for my July 73 production car, as per the window sticker. Again, Many Thanks

this is the data on interior codes that I have

I understand that the "60's" are black leather ie 66 67 and 68
    Name:  New Picture (1).jpg
Views: 233
Size:  100.2 KB
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Hi Hugh Thanks for posting. looks like 66 is correct for my car.

Hi Joe/Hugh,

The first page of the document I posted does actually list which 73 model car correspond to 'for models' code for example a 73 91111 is T coupe with 4-speed and it goes on to give shipping weight, retail $, wholesale$ etc. Etc
    Info exists for for every combo of 914 and 911 TES Coupe Targa 4-5-Sporto. Each is clearly regarded as a different P+A "product" in this context.

No Audis so this list only pertains to the Porsche 914/911 "products" and their " products" ie options.

I only pictured an extract of one of two pages covering the full list of "all leather interior" but the similar length list for "all leather interior" on the prior page shows code 66 --actually 66 is first code on there -- so highly likley that is "black all leather" for 73 911 as confirmed by on Hugh's input.

Prices for "all leather interior" regardless of code 66, 67, 68 etc are exactly same as the list already I pictured and in fact each price entry does not vary by code or model so will not repeat the prior information. Clearly price of that option was not dependent on model variant or colour.

Other options were different price depending on model and in some cases options were limited to some models ....but that is beyond the scope of your leather interior question.

Hope this helps

Steve

Hi Steve

those codes 911111 etc are the order codes that came in in 1970 MY
    they were (for a 911) 911 plus 3 more numbers: Body style, Engine type and Gearbox type as shown below

Name:  New Picture (2).jpg
Views: 207
Size:  25.3 KB
    so a 911S Coupe 5 speed would be 911534, as shown on this extract from a maintenance document, or a 911E 5 speed coupe would be 911324
    Name:  New Picture (3).jpg
Views: 210
Size:  26.1 KB

However I had not been able to match that set of codes with the codes on the sheet that Steve posted until now when I realized it was just the first 4 numbers of that code being shown (obviously engine and gearbox type does not affect interior) So as steve says 911 t coupe is 9111 and 911S targa is 9116

I have a similar set of pricing sheets for 1971 (although not as clear as the ones posted) shown below and another set with standard pricing, paint pricing and other things which i will post later
    Name:  New Picture (4).jpg
Views: 208
Size:  59.8 KBName:  New Picture (5).jpg
Views: 201
Size:  83.8 KBName:  New Picture (6).jpg
Views: 204
Size:  90.4 KBName:  New Picture (7).jpg
Views: 206
Size:  97.2 KBName:  New Picture (8).jpg
Views: 208
Size:  53.9 KBName:  New Picture (6).jpg
Views: 204
Size:  90.4 KB

i would like to be able to buy the sports seats for $38 wholesale, I may even be willing to pay retail ($46) come to think about it
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776