Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red fabric AC hoses

Red fabric AC hoses

Were there enough factory AC cars that it would merit manufacturing a run of the red fabric covered barrier hoses for replacements. Annie is still wearing her originals and I'd like to replace them with original looking barrier hoses. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1973 S Targa #0098
    Member # 1498

My 1973 S Targa 0034 also has red AC lines. When I bought it in 1987 I didn't much care about those red AC lines but I have interest in them now?

Banned
    My heart is warmed to see people finally pay attention to A/C systems. Here in the Phoenix area we would rather have a full charge of R12 than a working brake system in the summer.

Properly restoring a Behr A/C system is an important detail if you ask me. To answer your question, I stockpiled hose and fittings years ago anticipating a need for my cars and my customer's cars. Not sure who has it now.

Great to see this thread. My factory air car also had the same red hoses and I am interested in replacing with same red hoses. But at this stage of my restoration, I am waiting until the end to tackle it. I think my hoses were in the drivers side ?? Any sources for 'new' red hoses ?? Thanks for bringing this up. Mark !! George Kehler in Tennessee

Mark, those are Aeroquip hoses and field-installable (e.g. non-crimp, like aircraft or racing hose except nickel plated) fittings.

You could put a piece of red firebraid over a modern barrier hose and call it cool.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I have been looking at this too, I have 3-4 cars that would benefit from an original set of hoses
    Phil Hindley
    Tech 9 Motorsport
    United Kingdom

www.tech-9.co.uk

Early S registry membership #2207

65 911 Racecar
    82 911 SC Coupe
    91 944 Turbo

I know a few guys over at Mercedes Classic who have approached Aeroquip trying to get them to reproduce the hose. So far no luck.
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

As long as you could still get the braided hose i don't see why you couldn't dye it red. Would be tedious for sure, but might look okay barring real CLOSE inspection!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Check with Tom Hanson at MB Classic Center

The original hose was Aeroquip 1540. . . yes you can still buy it, but it's not a barrier hose, and the cover is black.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen