Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Red fabric AC hoses

Banned
    In the works. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Box checked Mark.

As for the Mrs...
    That's EZ: Find your favorite late-braking corner, make sure there's no traffic, and scare the holy heck out of her.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 09-11-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    In the works. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Box checked Mark.

As for the Mrs...
    That's EZ: Find your favorite late-braking corner, make sure there's no traffic, and scare the holy heck out of her.
    Yea funny. Between the noise, the oil smell and the heat, I think she has ridden in my cars literally 2-3 times. Could be good or bad depending on how one looks at it. Let's not digress into wife jokes and mess up your good thread.
    Mark Erbesfield
    2018 911 Carrera T 7spd manual 😊
    1973 911S #9113301282
    1957 356A #58648
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45LV
    1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
    1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FST (Factory Soft Top)
    1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 “Patina Queen”
    1979 MB 450SL "Dad's old car"
    2019 Cayenne "Wife's car"

Banned
    Hose update.

I could make this a very long, convoluted, exhausting post but I will keep it simple.

Hose is done and I'm very pleased with it but the "Aeroquip" name and number is proving to be a problem. Suffice to say that brand infringement and potential legal consequences will prevent me from offering hose with any kind of print on it. I apologize for this but it is completely outside of my control. This hose will provide more than adequate utility (R134a barrier liner), size, color, outer fabric sheathing texture, and overall esthetics but if someone "has" to have Aeroquip print you may want to consider other alternatives. (What that means I have no idea.)

Hoping to have product to ship by May. I'll be following up with everyone who has expressed interest in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your interest and patience.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 03-21-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Hose update.

I could make this a very long, convoluted, exhausting post but I will keep it simple.

Hose is done and I'm very pleased with it but the "Aeroquip" name and number is proving to be a problem. Suffice to say that brand infringement and potential legal consequences will prevent me from offering hose with any kind of print on it. I apologize for this but it is completely outside of my control. This hose will provide more than adequate utility (R134a barrier liner), size, color, outer fabric sheathing texture, and overall esthetics but if someone "has" to have Aeroquip print you may want to consider other alternatives. (What that means I have no idea.)

Hoping to have product to ship by May. I'll be following up with everyone who has expressed interest in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your interest and patience.

Hi Frank,
    Do you currently have hose available and ready to ship. If so, I would like more information on how to order.

Thanks!

Banned
    Thanks for the reminder.

This has been sort of a nightmare. Dealing with a manufacturer and broker that tell you one thing but do another is quite frustrating. Prototype was brilliant; production product is a different animal. Been through several iterations but still not satisfied. I refuse to bring something to market that is sub par.
    No idea when they'll get it right. I would not count on product in the next 6 months just in case you have a project that is time sensitive. I went into this as a labor of love and to solve a niche problema. Had no idea it would be this big a PITA. My hat is off to Eric and all of those pioneers who do this on a regular basis. They're better men than me.

I'm really sorry for the delay.

Dear Frank,
    Thank you for all your work on this. I have been reading about all of this in the last month. Tried this 10 years ago and didn't get as far as you have. I'm an MB guy, as you know these were used on MB's in the late '60s/ early '70s. I still have some NOS 1540-6, -8, and -10 pieces in the following lengths; -10 26", -8 39.5", 80", and 84", -6 24"

John

Banned
    Still trying.
    Hopefully will post something soon.

Thanks for your interest.

Frank,
    I have a friend that needs a set of red AC hoses for a 1977 Turbo. Are you producing these now, after 2 yr old thread?

Scott

Did these ever get sorted?

I would still be on for a set.

Nick

member #1515
    Frank has been banned from this site, but from what I understand he abandoned the project. He could not find a high quality source.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs