Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI - Full pan

FYI - Full pan

Just got an email from Sierra Madre about a summer sale. Noted that they had a full floor pan on sale. That's the one that goes from the front nose all the way back. They want $2,300+, reduced from $3400. They call it a smokin hot deal. That just about what it cost me to bring one in from Europe. They must be taking a beating. For once I agree with advertising. That is a smokin hot deal. By the way it is the same as the Porsche dealer one. Made by Dansk. My metal man in awe of the pan.

Hard to be this fat and still be so thin skinned. Kinda resent this being moved to For Sale section. Makes me look like I'm shilling for Sierra Madre. Personally couldn't care if they sell any of these. Just put it up for information purposes. Previously wrote about the full body pan and sparked quite a furor. Had a couple of guys PM me for information about obtaining a pan including our illustrious mentor Frank Beck. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Can now move this thread to old fart ramblings section.

No reason to feel bad. You are helping the community. If people don't want it, they won't buy it. Bottom line, this is a part for sale. Thanks for venting.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Be aware that they don't quite fit correctly and some rectification is needed before they a welded into the shell.

It is better to put them on a jig and do this work before fitting.

We have used 5 of them now and it takes around 1/2 day.

Banned
    Not just a "fit" problem but the stamping is completely incorrect for the 69 Targa we're currently doing. Compare the stamping to our original below. The round embossings on Dansk pan are not positioned like OE.
    I would have much rather used a new one rather than fixing this old one. 70 hours +. Covering with texture almost brings a tear to my eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The "discs" are the spot weld machine flaps (which you already knew, Frank).

Perhaps the new pans from Dansk have the holes in a different spot due to 60+ years of mechanical advancements and machine changes for use on a robo-line.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Is this pan correct for a '66? What's different? They say '67 to '89...

Thx.
    '66 911 - Light Ivory | Early '66 with Solex Carbs
    '72 911T - Aubergine originally | now Bahia Red | "S" options | 2.2S P&C's

Frank

Educate me. My guy is cutting out and patching inner rows of discs/indentations on the pan. What are you referring to? Have a '67 912 Targa waiting in the wings and by eliminating those discs/indentations pan appears to match.

Thanks

Tom

Banned
    Tom, if you're sectioning bits from the new pan you're fine. Below is an image I found online and if memory serves me is the Dansk product. "Disc" sections are different on earlier pans as my '69 Targa pic shows.
    BTW: The description "67-89" is obviously not true and misleading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So Frank, what years would be correct for this pan? Or is the answer "none" because of the discs? Would it fit/work for a '66? Does anyone sell a '66 (or SWB) specific one?
    '66 911 - Light Ivory | Early '66 with Solex Carbs
    '72 911T - Aubergine originally | now Bahia Red | "S" options | 2.2S P&C's