Thread: FS: Recaro Sport Seat 1968

FS: Recaro Sport Seat 1968

1968 Recaro Sport seat. Based on its fine condition, I'd say it's been recovered at some point.

Includes base and all parts and pieces. Seat fits either side, but base is driver side oriented.

The seat is currently installed, but I'll remove it shortly to take and post additional and more detailed photos.

$5,800 OBO.

The stated price point is entirely arbitrary, since I was required to list a price as a condition of posting but don't have comps for this relatively rare item. I'll accept any reasonable offer. Let's see what the market will bear!

Just a note, the COA for this vehicle lists the Recaro Sport Seat (Left Only).

Best,

Greg
    ekistic@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gray; 08-11-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Banned
    Great looking seat.

Can you post pics of underside after removal?

Thanks
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-10-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Banned
    I have this seat's "brother" (or sister depending on how you view human beings). Redone in same smooth vinyl rather than perforated just in case someone wants to put together a pair. Same price.

OP, if this doesn't help your cause let me know and I'll delete this post.

Have to ask.......if the COA indicates tat your car is supposed to have the sport seat....why sell it?
    ESR # 3177

Shipping from where?

All good questions. First, thanks Frank.

Next, shipping is from Ventura.

Finally, and most importantly, the reason that I'm selling a COA item comes down to current priorities. I love love love these cars, but my priorities (and pocketbook) require that I enjoy this hobby prudently and as more of an avid driver/fan than a curator - particularly with three kids either in or headed for college. I did indeed have some initial trepidation regarding the sale, that is until I saw the bill for my (non-matching) engine rebuild.

Best,

Engines do cost a bundle to do right. Doing it on the cheap is worthless and usually means it will need to be done again. These days a great engine builder can do it 1 time and the engine will last much longer than the owner probably will. College these days... I think I finished right in time in the early 2000s, now it costs a ludicrous amount, more than tripple what it cost me.

Banned
    This is as close to selling the proverbial kidney as it gets. I feel for you.

PM'd you with a creative solution.

That analogy is a bit troubling on a few different levels. Nonetheless, in my mind it's a win-win: I sell an item to someone who values it far more than me, and I get back to carving the local canyons to the tune of a dialed in motor. This doesn't rank very high on my short list of life's quandaries.

First world problem I suppose.

Thanks for the PM, Frank. I'll get back to you shortly via email.

Best,