Thread: 1973 Recaro Sports Seats pair restored in leather double locker bases

1973 Recaro Sports Seats pair restored in leather double locker bases

THese have been sold

I have a pair of genuine Recaro Sports Seats that I won't be needing. They are a matching pair of left and right seats with the correct bases left and right - no nonsense in this listing this is a correct matching pair of sports seats ready to bolt in and use. Approximately one year ago this pair of seats were restored by Autos International in the correct 72-73 leather with rough grain. As stated the bases are 73 double locker type. Restoration cost was in the $2500 range. They have not been used since.

Compare to the sets with old vinyl, yes many people say old original vinyl is cool, this is true if it doesn't rip or is not worn - most are just worn out and will only get much worse. Other sets may not have the proper tilts or sliders which while not known to the newbie the tilts and sliders are half of the value of the seats, are even harder to find than the seats themselves, and you can not mount a Sport Seat in a 911 without them.

So if you have a 72-73 car then these are the seats you have been looking for. Make no mistake about the value comparison over time:

Previous core sport seat prices:
    2000 $800pr
    2005 $2500pr
    2010 $5000pr
    2016 $10,000+ for cores
    SWB ones are even more and more valuable

I have been watching these seats for a long time and have paid the price to get them. This is THE option every early enthusiast wants. The price only goes up on these.

This set $12,000 firm. Plus Paypal and shipping. Easy pickup in So Calif.

Dang iPad, they take photos upside down if you lean forward too much. I will retake pictures in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 11-27-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Leather seats did not come with peanut headrests..

Yes leather seats came with D shape headrests because they were easier to cover in leather than the peanuts. I did not own the seats when they were restored so I had no input. Autos International did a good job of covering the peanut headrests in leather and they look great. Either way Autos Int is down the street from me and a set of D headrests could be easily substituted in the same material if the buyer wanted.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 08-11-2016 at 02:45 PM.