Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early 911 Workshop Manual

Early 911 Workshop Manual

Hello

Looking for some info about this early Porsche 911 workshop manual ( not for sale) . I had always thought that the 911 Workshop manuals were two volumes? This one is only one volume.

Everything seems to be in here from how to rebuild the 2.0 liter engine to Sportomatic transmission explanation and even repair instructions for the Webasto heater.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great Pictures inside Workshop Manual

Besides all the technical information there are many detailed pictures that are very clear in the original copies. In addition you can see all those original factory tools in action as they show you things like how to install your shift knob with a hammer and a cupped out piece of wood.

I started looking thru this book that was GIVEN to me by a registry member because we are trying to figure out why the Sportomatic transmission in a 1968 911 L is not shifting properly - all kinds of info about the sportomatic in this book. But if anybody out there is a Sportomatic Guru I would like to ask a few basic questions.

Everytime I see pictures of Solex Carbs it reminds me of an old Porsche guy I worked for in college, he had 55 gallon drums turned on their sides that he stuffed Porsche parts into for storage. He had two drums stuffed full of Solex carbs and associated parts - he knew that one day people would buy them back from him !

Rodger
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
    But if anybody out there is a Sportomatic Guru I would like to ask a few basic questions.
    The Master of all knowledge you seek resides in the ancient land of the Maricopa.
    If we are fortunate, he will enlighten us with his Sportomatic philosophy and wisdom.

Until the moment we are blessed with his presence, you might refer to the Sportomatic Trouble Chart on page SR 82.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Banned
    Almost spit out my beer

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Almost spit out my beer
    Well, you should never read the forum while driving.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Banned
    Almost happened again.

I was just talking to some kids the other day about that.
    I really miss the days of drinking while driving. Something very special about using a sixer as an armrest in my old Suburban. Whited out, slammed big block that I used to pull my boat. Lic plate was "Moby Dik".

Shame we can't do it now but chalk that up to idiots who don't understand vehicle and human body dynamics.

Banned
    Rodger,

What's that piece of crap not doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
    Well, you should never read the forum while driving.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA
    I love this forum.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Hello Frank

Customer car.

Of course the thing was shifting perfectly before we had the brake calipers rebuilt by PMB ... Or it might be that we changed the shift bushings and now something is out of whack with the switch on the shifter. Of course I did not personally work on this 1968 911 L Sporto, 2-owner, not very rusty ( except underneath ) , original Tangerine, kind-of-nice color change to signal red, with a rebuilt engine that someone assembled without respecting the importance of maintaing the original hardware.

I was told by one of my guys that when you giggle or wiggle something near or on the switch on the shifter it shifts just fine - kind of.

It was Friday, at the end of the day, so I really didn't get the exact explanation I was looking for .

God I love my job!

Banned
    Maybe next week will go better and you'll get info that will actually help.

Text me on Monday.