Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7R Fuchs with RS fenders

7R Fuchs with RS fenders

Need wheel experts

The "Barcelona Viper" had 6 15 Hearts and 7 15 Replica on 25mm (1") spacer, when I bought her.

I donīt like the combination and would like to go for

6 Flat and 7R.

The rear Fenders are wider (RS), so they used 25mm spacers with the regular 7.

Has someone here in the forum mounted 7R with spacers in combination with RS Fenders?

How does it look and which spacer did you use?

Cheers Dirk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Dirk....the original Carrera RS specification for rear in 1972 had 7mm spacers, longer wheel bolts and 7x15 Fuchs wheels with 215 60 15 tyres in its Carrera arches. IIRC the first roadcar with different front and rears. The trend fitting 7s and 8s now very often seen on these cars was not until later. To me that original combo for rear looks "right" on a classic of 44 plus years old but oftentimes the height and other things like tyre profile and wheels etc got changed by PO -- that size 215 60 15 of rear tyre has not always been the most available given the fashion for ever lower profile tyres on road cars.

Your car so up to you.

HtH

Steve.

Hi Steve,

thanks for the info on 7mm Sspacers. Actually the car is well balanced and drives on long distance comfortable while sportiv in curves.

The car is lowered and has nearly new 205 all around. With 215 on the rear I will definitly have to use thinner spacers than 25mm on the Carrera arche.

I donīt like the design of the mounted rear wheels. I think they are far of the original look. In combination with the deep six the spokes of the 7 look very small.

I ve got a pair of 7R left, so first thought was to use them.

I offered the set of wheels here in Germany and when Iīll sell them with tires, I go for 195/215.

BR Dirk

I'm a bit confused Dirk. Wouldn't a flat six and 7R combination give you a similar look to what you already have? Since the 7R looks exactly like a deep six from the front, pairing 7R's to a flat six would also appear mismatched I would think. Have you considered flat sixes on the front and later 15Ũ7's on the rear. (the ones that use the ring cap are readily available and fairly reasonably priced). Just my thoughts.

@ Gnearby: Thanxs. I totally agree with you. Shouldnīt post while working.

Hey dirk, if you are interesting in selling the 7Rs, please let me know.

Thanks!

that car would look best with late 7s and 8x 15s due to proportional lip shape.IMO of course. I dont think 7Rs were ever used with RS size flares, off set too negative.

You would need big spacers to run 7R on a wide fender car. They were made to fit under narrow / swb fenders!
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

And it wouldn t look time correct, sure. I m interested if some has mounted a combination like this and may post a picture.

@ vinnytang: nice first post. The 7R are not for sale. I would trade for a original and perfect Driver matching dated 72 RS set of four.
    @chiroracer: Yes 7 and 8 (not legal with my actual der up on roads!) would look very harmonic and I donīt have to use spacer on the rear. 8 should have same backsize like 7s has: 112mm.
    @M_deJong:Yes, for sure I do have to use even bigger spacer than the actually mounted 25mm. Dependant on 205 or 215 the spacer would be 45-50mm each side!!!
    Last edited by dirk07; 08-20-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Specified statement in 7/8

RS arches and 7/8x15 Fuchs ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 08-16-2016 at 07:03 AM.