Thread: HELP!! Need exact specifications for driver's side flag mirror

HELP!! Need exact specifications for driver's side flag mirror

I've scoured the forums with no avail. I need to install a driver's flag mirror (small) on my '73 911. Does anyone have the exact specifications for the location of the drill holes (they were filled) on the exterior and the interior access?

Let me know if my question needs more clarification.

Cheers!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by 9914gts View Post
    I've scoured the forums with no avail. I need to install a driver's flag mirror (small) on my '73 911. Does anyone have the exact specifications for the location of the drill holes (they were filled) on the exterior and the interior access?

Let me know if my question needs more clarification.

Cheers!

Jay
    More research done today...found many diagrams on Pelican for the passenger side: Name:  PassDrMir10738404971286381096.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  87.4 KB. But none for the driver's...would anyone be willing to take some measurements from their early car and post them?

Thanks again.
    Jay

2015 911 4GTS
    1982 911 SC
    1973 911 T (RS Specs)

1997 911 C4S - Sold, now living in Rotterdam
    2008 911 C4S - Sold

Early 911S Registry 3423
    R Gruppe 738

If you look for the holes from the door side where you would install the nuts on the mirror studs, you should see the bondo worms showing exactly where the holes were. By the way, you only need two holes, that picture was for a power mirror.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Aren't the driver's side and passenger's side mirrors positioned differently (fore and aft) to allow for maximum vision?

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Aren't the driver's side and passenger's side mirrors positioned differently (fore and aft) to allow for maximum vision?
    Yes they are.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    If you look for the holes from the door side where you would install the nuts on the mirror studs, you should see the bondo worms showing exactly where the holes were. By the way, you only need two holes, that picture was for a power mirror.
    Thanks, Ed. I'll give it a look tonight when I get home.

Cheers,

Jay
    Jay

2015 911 4GTS
    1982 911 SC
    1973 911 T (RS Specs)

1997 911 C4S - Sold, now living in Rotterdam
    2008 911 C4S - Sold

Early 911S Registry 3423
    R Gruppe 738

Just FYI, there is no passenger side flag mirror. Some cars run a BMW version. Some cars run a repro that looks like the driver's side. But it was never factory. If you wanted a passenger mirror in '73, the factory would supply to round Durants, and the passenger side was convex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Laifman View Post
    Just FYI, there is no passenger side flag mirror. Some cars run a BMW version. Some cars run a repro that looks like the driver's side. But it was never factory. If you wanted a passenger mirror in '73, the factory would supply to round Durants, and the passenger side was convex.
    Email me and I will take photos with measurements of mine on a 72. I copied them from a 76 Mosel I think it was. Mine is LH drive but I also have RH drive mirrors if you need some.

gazhjr@gmail.com