Thread: WTB: Door Glass Clear Driver Side

WTB: Door Glass Clear Driver Side

That's what I need. I'm on the prowl for an unscratched clear driver side door window for a 72 911. Seems to be lots of glass around but most is too scratched for my needs. Let me know if you can help. Thanks,

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Bumping around for that last piece of glass I need. Anyone.....??
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

I'm just wondering, is it possible to have scratches polished out of glass?

There is a recent thread in the technical section about good results from polishing glass to minimize/remove minor scratches. So far every piece of glass I've examined has a good gouge or two in in. I'll keep searching.......
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    There is a recent thread in the technical section about good results from polishing glass to minimize/remove minor scratches. So far every piece of glass I've examined has a good gouge or two in in. I'll keep searching.......
    Nick

Bring me a case of Sculpin from your home town and I'll give you a gallon of Windex and 50 clear left door glasses removed from 911s. You can spend the next 2 days cleaning and inspecting glass. After 2 days I will be drunk and you still won't have found a door glass that suits you. It will be fun, though.

Ciao

Your friend Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Nick

Bring me a case of Sculpin from your home town and I'll give you a gallon of Windex and 50 clear left door glasses removed from 911s. You can spend the next 2 days cleaning and inspecting glass. After 2 days I will be drunk and you still won't have found a door glass that suits you. It will be fun, though.

Ciao

Your friend Jim
    Dang, I'm beginning to think I should embrace a few scratches and just brag about the wonderful patina. Forget the Windex but the Sculpin sounds like a good plan to me. I'd rather help you get drunk!! I'll bring a case next time up.

Best,

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST