Thread: NOS 2.7 RS distributor

NOS 2.7 RS distributor

Have a NOS 2.7 RS distributor. Bosch 0-231-184-004. Includes everything in pictures. Price is 1800.00 obo plus shipping/paypal. HPIM3123.jpgHPIM3124.jpgHPIM3126.jpg

Back to the top.

Miles,

distributor 0231 169 011 was the Bosch version originally used for the first two series of Carrera RS from 9/72 to 4/73.

The version as shown in the FS ad was only introduced 5/73> according to period Carrera RS and Bosch references.

The replacement part 0231 184 004 was used just for third series RS (5/73 equates somewhere around RS chassis 1100-1200 range according to lists in usual RS sources). Probably this post's FS item was Bosch distributor version used on roughly the last 400 RS examples ...not the original fittment Bosch distributor for the earlier roughly 1000 RS that were used to homologate the model.

I think distributor
    0231 184 004 was the version also used for the 74> impact bumper cars with similar 2.7 Carrera MFI European spec engine since listed as fitment through 8/75 (or possibly available longer as replacement part).

Thedistributor/s for RS was discussed here some time ago... http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ributor-911-RS Important to match with regard to vacuum according to that thread so may be a consideration if fitting it to example from first two series RS cars.

There should be a three digit date code stamped on the distributor body.

I hope this clarification (and bump) helps.

Looks to be a nice item, good luck with the sale

S
    Last edited by 911MRP; 09-02-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks for all the information Steve. Going to make it hard and go 1700.00 obo plus shipping/Paypal

Bump for, Price 1600.00 plus shipping/Paypal

The price goes 1500.00 plus shipping/Paypal

It's still an RS distributor, correct?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Peter, Looks like the above information is comfirming that infact it is a RS distributor, late version. The attached chart may help. Perhaps some others would have more information. Distributor Info.jpg

SOLD. Thank-you

Banned
    For what it's worth; we had a customer with a very original series 1 with this distributor in it. I know the 004 is listed as the later unit but I also believe the dealer was installing these as a legit replacement back in the day.

In case someone else is looking for one...

I also have an NOS 004 available.