Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very rare black Abarth steering wheel (red logo)

Black Abarth steering wheel (red logo)

Hi guys,

i'm offering for sale a rare Abarth steering wheel today in NOS condition. I didn't want to mention 'NOS' in the title because the steering wheel seems to have some sort of shade on the spokes as you can see in the pictures. I took them some time ago and i don't remember seeing that 'shade' but it's probably there. Maybe this is a correct definition of what is often referred to as patina. My guess is that it can be cleaned easily since it can't be something harsh. Just have a look at the rest of the steering wheel, it looks brand new: leather, thumb pads, stitching... Worth mentioning is that it is a 35cm version, and the spokes are black as you can see. Oh, and it comes with the period correct horn button as well. I've only seen one other for sale before and that was on the forum here. As a collector i see lots of steering wheels and this one i definitely more rare than let's say a jacky stewart, jacky ickx and even the earlier prototipos.

Price: 500$ for the wheel + horn button, excluding shipping and paypal.

20160704_164409.jpg20160704_164417.jpg20160704_164423.jpg20160704_164433.jpg20160704_164437.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robi; 04-15-2021 at 12:36 AM.

No takers yet. What about 465$ for the wheel and button included? Shipping and paypal additional.

Price reduction to 440$...

Robi,
    I am definitely interested. How do I contact you about price and payment.
    Harm

Usually you can contact by clicking on the persons name, Robi in this case and a pop up window with options appear. Private message is one of the options. You may have not set up your settings OR due to your short time here may not let/allow you to send or receive PM`s. I tried to pm you and there is no provision for pms?...cliff
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Is the steering wheel still available? Great looking piece!

Best Regards,
    Kirk Brooks
    kbrooks31@yahoo.com

I'm sorry guys, the wheel sold overnight to the first guy who responded by pm immediately after lowering the price.

Hi guys,

since i received some additional requests after the previous one had sold, i'm here to let you know that i have another one of these cool Abarths for sale. It's not perfect but it shows pretty good. The spokes have no special signs worth mentioning, unlike the leather. I always try to point out every 'negative' detail when selling a wheel and with this one there are a some signs of usage to be seen at 9 o'clock (very light scratch at the height of the left spoke), 5 o'clock (2 scratches of which one very light) and at 12 o'clock (two very small indents). As always, i've added specific pictures of these spots. While driving the only one you might see is the 9 o'clock scratch but i believe that with a little black dye only, it may be gone. I can give it a go if you'd like but i have a habit of not trying to restore/cover up anything when selling a wheel. The positive feedback i get each time when selling a wheel is much more important to me.

Price for this Abarth is at 300€, shipping included! Possible paypal cost is for the buyer.
    20161128_170502.jpg20161128_170644.jpg20161128_170507.jpg20161128_170558.jpg20161128_170735.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robi; 11-30-2016 at 12:42 AM. Reason: accidentally added wrong pictures

Bumpedy-bump!

I just wanted to put this Abarth steering wheel for sale and since i remembered selling one here before, i decided to look it up. To my surprise i already added it for sale in this thread some while ago but i forgot about it. Therefor i'll use the opportunity to bump this thread and include another price drop to 260€ shipping included! Possible paypal cost is for the buyer.