Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Factory Kardex information

Hi,
    I have a 1970 911 built in November 27, ‘69.
    Do you think a Kardex might be available for this car?
    Thank you very much, merci from Paris, France.
    Ben

Ben, If I had the VIN then I could ask. They are very rare in 1970, but a few do exist. I always ask before ordering, then no surprises.
    Dave
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

My VIN is 9110100282.
    Thanks,
    Ben

Sorry, Ben, there is no Kardex available. However, I can get the data available for the car, and make up a CoA-type of Report. It is unofficial, about as detailed, and much less expensive.
    Dave

Hi Dave,

I'd be interested in getting a Kardex for my 356C VIN 216917 if available.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Dave, can you do a CoA type report on a 73 911 with engine/transmission numbers? Really don't want to trailer my car to Houston for the technical certificate. VIN is 9113300194. Thanks.

Yes, no problem to help you. I do need your email address to send order info and Report to. Can you email me through the forum here; click on my user name and choose to send an email.

Hi Dave, I just bought a ex race car 911 1968. The car has been totally striped but there is still the vin on the body. Could you get a kardex for it? You can email me at jeanphilippefontaine27@hotmail.com for the infos and how to proceed, payment etc. Somehow I can’t use the personal messages through the forum as a junior member yet. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    The 1970 Kardex is very rare; almost every time I ask it is declined. I asked for one that was next to a known Kardex, and it did not exist. Those that do exist seem to be for European cars. So far I have obtained two blank Kardex; one for a 1956 356 and the other for a 1964 911. Another Kardex was for a well optioned car but the Kardex did not confirm them; it was a werks Presse vehicle so I think they were a little sloppy, afterall adding a sunroof later is not the best route.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Typically '69 and prior only unfortunately...
    In the current ESSES, the cover car, a '73 RS, is shown as having "Important Kardex Information"[sic]. If Kardexes are only available for '69 and earlier, with the exception of a few early '70s, how did this car have a Kardex?
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Two words are very important. Available & Kardex. In the article, they do not show a Kardex, but provide info that I would get if I ordered the data from a production report to make up my pseudo-CoA Report. A lot of people use the words CoA and Kardex synonymously with each other, but that is incorrect. The Kardex is a warranty record car with post production and post sale information. A CoA or PPS is a derivative of the Kardex for the pre 1970 cars or a derivative of the Production Report for the cars through 1980. For the 17 digit VIN cars there is the computer record that can be looked up. So the data on the cars is stored by Porsche in various forms over the years. To produce the CoA/PPS/CTC the distributors use data compilations of different types. For the newest cars it is from computer records that can be looked up online. Probably from 1970 through 1980 model years there is a computer printout of production records that has be scanned into digital images. Prior to 1970 the Kardex cards were scanned into digital images, and some (but very few) 1970 Kardex were scanned into the digital images. These digital images are stored on DVD's and distributed to each of the regional distributors in the world. So, PCNA has a set of the DVD's with Kardex images and production records, plus has access to the online records. There are also Fahrzeug Auftrag or Production order sheets with similar information that were used on the production line; these are known from 1970 on. There are also the production books that record the daily record of the car's data and completion date; do not think that any Kardex date or CoA date is a completion date. They are NOT! The completion date resides in the production book or on the F-A. The Kardex and subsequently the CoA/PPS/CTC only have invoice dates or dates of retail sale. Did I beat the Kardex word to death yet?

Available. When the computer records were being created about 1969 it provided a better way of keeping ever increasing volumes of data. Now it was faster and easier to look up the data on a car. So to assist distributors responding to requests for information on their Porsche, the Kardex cars were scanned, and the computer printouts were scanned; but only the Kardex up to 1969 model year needed to be scanned (one car at a time) whereas the printouts had 60 cars per page. So only those Kardex scanned into the digital archive are AVAILABLE. I do believe that Kardex cards continued in use for many years past 1969, but as far as I know they were either not scanned or the scans have not been available for distribution.

To sum up, some Kardex are available from 1950 through 1969 with a very few 1970. Others are not available. Some F-A for 914/6 are available from me also. Pseudo-CoA type Reports are available from me for 1970 and later cars. Email for info.