Thread: Maximum tire size on deep 6 fronts, 7R rear rims on a 1971 non flared car

Maximum tire size on deep 6 fronts, 7R rear rims on a 1971 non flared car

At the moment I run 205/60x15 all around on deep 6, but got some 7R rears now, so I'm trying to figure out which tires would fit. I'd love to use MICHELIN TBs 215/55x15 for the front and 225/50x15 for the rears. Does anybody on here run this combination? I think the rears should fit, but do the 215 fronts fit on the deep 6 in the front? Do they clear? Or is anybody running the Pirelli Cinturato CN36 215/60x15 on the front maybe? I know the 185/70 & 215/60 Avon works but i'd prefer a beefier look. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Jens

Quote Originally Posted by jenso View Post
    At the moment I run 205/60x15 all around on deep 6, but got some 7R rears now, so I'm trying to figure out which tires would fit. I'd love to use MICHELIN TBs 215/55x15 for the front and 225/50x15 for the rears. Does anybody on here run this combination? I think the rears should fit, but do the 215 fronts fit on the deep 6 in the front? Do they clear? Or is anybody running the Pirelli Cinturato CN36 215/60x15 on the front maybe? I know the 185/70 & 215/60 Avon works but i'd prefer a beefier look. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Jens
    I run 7R offsets front and back with 205 front and 225 rears - only modifications are rolled guards front and rear, Elephant racing raised oil lines and shaved bolts on teh trailing arms. I run hard rubber Elephant bushings all around and have had no rubbing on the inner or outer guards front or rear. My tyres are Pirelli - check section widths on the tyres you are looking to run as not all tread widths are created equally in section width.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

Quote Originally Posted by jenso View Post
    At the moment I run 205/60x15 all around on deep 6, but got some 7R rears now, so I'm trying to figure out which tires would fit. I'd love to use MICHELIN TBs 215/55x15 for the front and 225/50x15 for the rears. Does anybody on here run this combination? I think the rears should fit, but do the 215 fronts fit on the deep 6 in the front? Do they clear?
    We have used the rear 225/50 many times...with a spacer.(12-15mm)
    The front should fit also, there is plenty of room. You may need a (small-3mm) spacer if the tire bulge is close to the shock dust cover.
    The tires are short enough to miss the usual interference areas.
    HTH
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    We have used the rear 225/50 many times...with a spacer.(12-15mm)
    The front should fit also, there is plenty of room. You may need a (small-3mm) spacer if the tire bulge is close to the shock dust cover.
    The tires are short enough to miss the usual interference areas.
    HTH
    H
    Thanks Harvey for your input, it's highly appreciated. are there any other tires you'd recommend in these sizes? i'm torn between the Michelin TB and the Avon.

Quote Originally Posted by 91133 View Post
    I run 7R offsets front and back with 205 front and 225 rears - only modifications are rolled guards front and rear, Elephant racing raised oil lines and shaved bolts on teh trailing arms. I run hard rubber Elephant bushings all around and have had no rubbing on the inner or outer guards front or rear. My tyres are Pirelli - check section widths on the tyres you are looking to run as not all tread widths are created equally in section width.

Cheers,
    Mark
    thanks Mark for your reply. What Pirellis are you running?

Old photo of when I ran these.

205/ 60x15 out back 7R's on spacers provided by Herr Weidman who refinished the wheels and provided+mounted the tires. Only way to go imho.
    195/ 65x15 up front

No rubbing. Car was not lowered on purpose providing the best of both worlds. The big rubber made it handle like a go-cart. There is no rear swayer either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111