Thread: Tyres in the States

Tyres in the States

Just had a puncture on the drive from Colorado Springs to Kansas City.

Need to find a new spare and currently running 185/70/15. However, understand this not a popular size in the States. May have to replace the set for something readily available.

What is my best option of tyre size for my 6inch Fuchs?

Thanks,
    Andy

registry #2072

Vreds - are best if you are looking to stay same size and not blow the budget - IMO not the best tire in the wet but who drives these delicate genius's in the wet anyway
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

If you are in immediate need, you can get a tire from "Tire Rack" airshipped into where you are, here's a result for you on the P6000 Pirelli. Expensive, but if you only need one while in the middle of a trip.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...earDiameter=17

edit, if you are looking for something a bit more readily available, try a 195/65 15, the rolling diameter is just slightly smaller than a 185/70. Here's a link to Tyre Rack on tires they stock in that size. If you need to get a local distributor they can perhaps pick up one of these, sorry, I'm not able to give a personal choice.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...earDiameter=17

eric

I just bought a set of Vredestein Sportrac 5 tires 195/65/15 V rated, excellent ratings and only $112 each! They have been on my targa for a couple weeks now and so far, I love them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Thanks to everyone for their help. Back on the road with a set of 195 65 15.
    You can follow our travels on www.travelpod.com/members/agbucks

Take care, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by endo911rs View Post
    I just bought a set of Vredestein Sportrac 5 tires 195/65/15 V rated, excellent ratings and only $112 each! They have been on my targa for a couple weeks now and so far, I love them.
    Do you use tubes with your 6 inch rim or do you run tubeless?

Very cool road trip so far. Looks like you will be on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. Once you get into VA, do not use a radar detector or drive 20 mph over the posted speed limit. You might find yourself in jail if you do. You should skip VA and alter course into WV. Fabulous roads there and the cops won't hassle you at all. Drive safe.

PS. Those would be tubeless tires I'm sure.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299