Thread: Can Anyone Provide Photos of SWB Seat Belt Anchors?

Can Anyone Provide Photos of SWB Seat Belt Anchors?

As most of you know, I am in the process of re-assembling my '68 SWT, and discovered some floorpan-related problems (floorboard anchors and gas pedal reinforcing plate were no on the replacement floor pan which I installed).

I now realize that I need reference points for locating the seat belt anchors.

Can anyone provide some photos of where the seat belt anchors are supposed to be?

Thank you, in advance. I truly value the contributions of the Early S forum.

36 year PCA member
    The anchors for the front seat belts are not in the floor but are on the vertical closing panel below the rear seat bottom.

While you are at it, you might want to move the anchors, so the belt goes across your hip bones, rather than your gut. There are several posts on the site describing that. It's a modification I would like to get to on my SWB sooner than later.
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

These are the positions of the Anchors for the front seat belts in a 1968 shell.

there is also the upper parcel shelf anchor for the rear seat belt and there is a lower mount for the rear seat belt that I haven't taken a picture of yet.

We have just made one type of anchor and will be making the others at some point in the near future.

Actually, I am asking for photos of the anchors for the front seat belts for an 8/67-built '68 (targa, if that matters).

The anchor for the shoulder belt it well-understood, but thanks, nonetheless, because it might answer someone else's question.

mike, the pics you need are the top ones, they are marked "anchor on sill" and "anchor center tunnel"
    registry #2072

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    As most of you know, I am in the process of re-assembling my '68 SWT, and discovered some floorpan-related problems (floorboard anchors and gas pedal reinforcing plate were no on the replacement floor pan which I installed).
    If it is a 68MY car then the photos should be correct.

If it is a 67MY then they may differ.

If the shell is a 67MY then it may have the earlier anchors.

I would worry that an August 67 car could be a bit of a mix up.

We currently have 5 x 1968 shells and they all have the cast steel brackets.

I believe that the size of the inner Spring Plate Bush gives a clue to the changeover.

Late 67 shells with the larger inner spring plate bush had the cast plates but the earlier 67 shells with the small inner spring plate bush had the earlier anchor.

We have a number of 65,66 and early 67 shells and they all have the earlier anchors.

Chris-seven, you have both my compliments and my admiration for your patience in educating the 'intellectually disadvantaged.'

My '68 is #0001 and it has the fittings that you showed in your photos. (I was expecting to have to drill holes in the tub, as I did with my 356.) THANK YOU!!!!

Which brings me to the next question in the sequence ... what does the correct fastener look like? (I have 2-3 different kinds.)

Again, THANK YOU!!